How Competitive Matchmaking and Rating Works (Season 19)

I don’t feed. So I must be lacking in some other skill that the feeders have. Because we’re in the same SR bracket after all. Maybe they aim well, but always feed. And I aim poorly and never feed. That’s why we’re both in the same SR bracket.

1 Like

They can likely frag out really well.

Most likely enemy team has feeders as well, so balances out.

But not a great way to win or lose imo.

Not sure if the profile pages are still wonky, but your Bastion statistics page says you average 6.57 deaths per 10 minutes when you play Bastion (your go-to DPS and the role that’s closest to the 1800 you keep mentioning - Tank and Support are both low gold).

If that’s anywhere near accurate, that’s definitely feeding. Maybe you don’t know what feeding means? It means that you’re feeding the enemy team ultimate charge - either by dying nonstop (e.g. 6.57 / 10 minutes) or by doing trash damage that the enemy supports heal up and gain ultimate charge from.

i get more than 3 kills per death as Bastion, and that’s all any sane person could ask of their DPS.

unless it’s Mei or something and there’s ways to score assists with her freeze

If that’s the only participation award you’re willing to aim for, more power to you. I was just responding to your claim that you don’t feed. From the looks of it, you’re a 4-course dinner for the enemy team. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

a hero that doesn’t move is able to feed :+1:

I die a lot because I’m a priority. We should play a game of Quick Play together.

Huh? Feeding isn’t a good thing. I’m not sure that’s what you’re trying to convey with “able to”?

You die a lot because you brag about your poor game sense and as a result you’re an easy target for the enemy team. A snack.

Nah, I’d rather play with people who want to win.

look at my bastion stats on Overbuff

I have high E/D, high deaths, but medium elims

No thanks. I’d rather play with an unskilled player with a good learning / winning mentality over an amazingly skilled player with a bad / victim / blaming mentality any day. Learn health pack locations and I’ll reconsider.

1 Like

you’d think that if I had high E/D and high deaths, then elims would also be high

…I would think that you’re feeding unnecessarily. “High” is only relative to the people who use Overbuff (a tiny fraction of the player base). Also, if you died less you could get your eliminations higher.

On the topic of eliminations, bragging about high eliminations with Bastion is like bragging about high eliminations with D.Va or Moira - all it takes is tickling the enemy with spray and pray and your team finishing up the work you started right before you died and gave the enemy team another ultimate charge.

1 Like

just checked my stats, I’m happy with them

And that’s why you can’t climb. Push yourself to do better. Get good.

1 Like

I really wish the MMR forumal were to be made public. I guess that’s the first and most important thing that needs to be changed. Aside from what I can fix myself, but that goes without saying.

Why would any reasonable person expect that anyone else would even consider this declaration when the person making the claim doesn’t understand the game and is proud about his own self-inflicted ignorance?

1 Like

Jeff told me to post my feedback here on the forums.

1 Like
  1. No he didn’t.
  2. Sometimes no response is a response.
  3. There’s a difference between “feedback” and “demands”.
  4. Saying you “need” something in order to climb is absurd. People have climbed for years without nonsense they wouldn’t understand anyway. You don’t need things you won’t understand, you’ve got enough of them already. Just work on improving yourself and you’ll climb.
1 Like

Then who was he talking to?

I’m not going to type imho after every sentence.

1 Like

stop hijacking the thread

1 Like

can you elaborate on this a little bit?

I saw once that you typed out MMR as +0.08 or -1.12

this is human readable. and there is a known formula that converts MMR into SR. So with that formula available, wouldn’t MMR be “human readable?”