How come console players aren't treated with the same respect as PC players?

Without crossplay there is no way for console players to prove themselves as good or better than PC players.

Playing with KBM also has many advantages over a controler because it’s not restricted like controlers and thus opens up for more possibilities.

Console not having PTR is simply due to how Blizz would need to have every update to console approved which can take up to 2 weeks.

Buys cheaper machine designed for more casual gamers. Is mad they get a cheaper more casual experience compared to PC. I don’t get console player logic. Like you guys should be happy they managed to give you the workshop. I can’t imagine how crappy making workshop game modes on a console must be.

5 Likes

None of that “needs to be approved on console” bunk has been true in years.

1 Like

No offense, I’m not strictly even talking to you, but… people needs to be damn less serious about videogames.
They’re literally GAMES. Things made for FUN during your FREE time. Unless you’re paid to play, it’s not a work. And everybody is a casual, you can be even the most popular streamer on Twitch with the most advanced tech but if you’re not paid (or you don’t rely on your views to live) you’re still a casual.
And yes, my friend, for someone “paying more for a console running old spec hardware is a good idea”.

Nope. Maybe I can sound rude, but… You know, not everybody MUST have knowledge of IT world. Some people simply don’t know how PC works, can’t even read their specs… And are not interested in learning it for an activity you do for fun in your free time.
Moreover, console has some advantages. If I buy a console, I’m perfectly sure I can run perfectly every game for that, without having to worry about problems I can’t even understand. And that for like 5-6 years. At a cheap price. I bought my PS4 for 300 euros in 2015, and for sure I’ll use it for at least other 2 years without have to became a retrogamer.
Moreover, I love how all the people on console have (almost) the same hardware. It means that, in multiplayer games, your Internet is the only factor other than the player input. That’s EXACTLY why M+K users have to be erased from existence, and why that’s not comparable with “but I always play my fighting/sport games on PC with a controller!1!111!”. Having different hardware is one of the rules of your world, not ours (yeah, SCUF controllers and things like that exists, but the difference is not remotely the same).
So yeah, for some people console is better, no matter what. You just need to accept this is a personal and subjective choice, and what’s better for you is not better for everyone.

That’s another point, and I can agree on that.
A man who plays basketball has a lot more possibilities to became rich and famous than a woman, because basketball done by man is (on average) more entertaining to watch.
It’s the same here, plus the fact Blizzard has obviously more control on their own platform. Personal note, who cares about OWL and eSports, the only thing that drives me crazy is the fact there is no ACTUAL separate balance between platforms. Like, we have to literally wait YEARS to get Ana’s friendly aim assist (a.K.a. you could use it for doing damage, not to heal…) and you guys have Pharah condemned to be troll pick forever because of PharMercy on console (which BTW now isn’t that strong, with all those hitscans). That’s actually weird.

They don’t need a console PTR, plus it would mean they had to work on 3 PTR as the coding is different for PC and Consoles which would then take longer to get us updates etc. We don’t need the waste resources on that. And also you just have to wait a couple weeks like the people who don’t install PTR on PC. Not a big deal.

1 Like

Because it is much more fun and fluid to watch a PC game than a console game. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

pretty sure it’s because of aim assists.

imagine having a fighting game tournament with tool assist helping players finish combos.
it’s not the same.

1 Like

You’ve all turned a solid discussion into a sxxt show and I appreciate that, hate here, fxxk your console there, aim assist which can be turned off, all console players want is the same game that’s played on pc and if we’re not going to be given that we deserve some type of access to ptr on pc, since we paid for the same exact game we deserve the same exact rights!

2 Likes

What is difference for you on what they play in OWL…

And if you have complains about that, complain to people that hold OWL, they are not on this forum for sure because why would they be

Also, they use PTR for bug testing, but its propably not worth making another server for it. I guess more people are on pc and its easier to get data there :man_shrugging:

Are you saying I’ve been wasting my time practicing to make the OWL on my PS4?

How could more people possibly be on pc? Instead of on home consoles where mainstream gaming lives! Ppl just comment on this post to spew “my pc is better than your console bs” which just isn’t true, I own a pc I prefer to play FPS shooters with a remote like I have since day one, no one is putting you pc players down were just asking for the same opportunities and gaming rights! I paid for the same game no more no less!

1 Like

I don’t mind getting the characters a bit later. Look at Sigma, he is constantly being retuned. When he appears on console in 11 days time (fingers crossed) it will be the finished version.

I think if console players want their own competitive league they should just organise it themselves. Although a controller is harder to use than mouse and keyboard the best console players will still be really good and it would be nice to know who they are.

Overall tho, if you want to be a pro gamer you need to be young, have lots of free time plus talent and own a decent gaming PC.

Do PC pro gamers deserve to be respected and treated like Gods? Well it depends. It is harder to become a chess grandmaster than a PC pro gamer and they get paid less. If you are not already a strong club player by the age of 12, you most likely won’t make GM let alone compete for the World Championship. Chess is really brutal with little reward for anyone outside the world top 10. So although I admire pro gamers for their dedication, it has to be viewed in the context of other more established sports.

Owl league exist what’s so hard about teams purchasing 6/7 maybe 8 console players and introducing them to the same teams that already exist, to the same practice opportunities and scrims! This is about gaming inequality and nothing more I want access to PTR even if it’s not on console I deserve the right to the same experiences as a pc player who paid the same price as me!

Switch to PC.

I started playing OW on console, still love OW on console but will give more focus to PC OW when I get my new computer. Right now I have this OW account on PC that I can’t use at all because my former laptop broke lol.

Almost all or at least 90% of the gamesense you acquired playing on console is transferable to PC. It will just take a while to get used to the mechanics.

1 Like

How do you avoid hitting sticky key on PC? I just feel like this is a time to ask stupid questions

I respect you opinion but my point is I don’t want to play on pc, I give a damn about a mouse and keyboard as a whole, I enjoy and play on PS4 because I don’t have to wonder where the “Q key or crouch key is” I’ve gamed on a console almost my entire gaming career if they didn’t want to make the game equal and balanced on console then they shouldn’t have released it on console then!

1 Like

It’s not the devs that treat you like crap. It’s the console developers that restrict you from crossplay,game updates, peripherals, and hardware updates.

If you want a true open gaming experience I suggest putting together a pc. There are outlets for people who need help with building a pc and getting the best bang for your buck.

PC Master Race, pcpartpicker are on Reddit. PCMR on discord, all these outlets are willing to help anyone wanting to ascend.

Good luck friend.

3 Likes

This is true to an extent, but it’s also true that they put much less effort into the experience than they could.

You are a jerk. Just thought you should know.

4 Likes

Unfortunately that’s not how it works. They did say it would be that way. But about 1-2 months in they stopped caring about Console overall.