How Christmas broke Blizzard World

https://youtu.be/LqRdhi56ags
I just found this?

1 Like

Just adding it for easy use.

5 Likes

The magic of coding my friend.

You could implement everything perfectly, and then some where in your 5 million lines code block, a bug pop out because the sky started to rain.

Seriously, I ran into a case of my code suddenly start working when I entered my professor office, didn’t change anything the night before and suddenly it works.

same lmao

So weird the map could use CP code. When it’s a Payload map. You’d think the code for CP wouldn’t be possible to trigger on a payload map at all. Why would it also block the spawn doors from working. If the CP code worked. Shouldn’t it recognize the doors too? Like how does it load only partial code lol.

Editting one map as the big change at all this event?

Nope, break the game

Considering that the Halloween maps weren’t even a part of VS AI and some of the Arcade modes this year, I’m not surprised that there’s yet ANOTHER map bug for Winter. You know it’s bad when freaking Mystery Heroes has to be removed because of it :roll_eyes:

1 Like

So is the map still “disabled” because i just played the map in ranked and from the looks there were no issues.

It’s not disabled on Xbox. It’s broken and people spawn out weirdly.

They’ve removed Blizzard world for a while because of bugs [ALL] 1.31 Blizzard World Restored (12/14 11:40AM PST Update)

It’s not removed. I’m on the map right now

rip it was the only map that got a new look and now its disabled… such a bad event after all.

It’s not disabled for now. People are still able to access it. And it is still broken.

lol the 1 new thing we got an they fu$!×d it up. they must play test on phones

1 Like

read the topic it says:

UPDATE: Arcade modes that include the Blizzard World map, such as No Limits and Mystery Heroes, will be disabled shortly while we continue to address the issue.

i have not played one match yet on this map and now i dont even have a chance anymore… ripriprip

1 Like

just played the map, its overtime but it doesnt run out all… so basically endless mode

I think they use the same code for capturing th payload. Because it’s a hybrid that wouldn’t surprise me.

It’s just weird how things like this happen. Too bad this can’t actually be an option in custom games. Turn Payload maps into 3 CP.

1 Like

Yeah the bug shouldn’t have changed the fact that this hasn’t been an issue in the past. My only possible explanation is that there is a trigger for something in game (maybe the balloons around the place popping and/or floating up) that may have made it so that the koth mode was triggered?

I’d be super down if Overwatch released something like TF2’s Domination where there are 5 control points and teams have to capture all of them to win.

1 Like