How Can I keep my Music Playing While on Overwatch?

The title is pretty self explanatory, however just to clarify before I get some kids (As well as possibly some teens and adults that take this game WAY too seriously) coming on here trying to tell me how to play MY game in MY free time. I don’t try listening to my music when playing an actual game since I need to be able to hear my team over the voice chat, I usually just like listening to it when in custom games.

With that out of the way I use bluetooth head phones, bose AE2 Soundlink to be more specific. However when I use them a lot of times it will switch to one game I have running, silencing my music completely. Some games it does this on and others it does not, Overwatch is unfortunately one of the ones it does do it on.

So is there a way to fix this so I can listen to my Spotify music while running Overwatch or am I just going to have to take them off if I want my music and Overwatch? I remember with one of the patches it seems to fix this problem converting to allowing the headset to play Overwatch’s sound while Spotify also was playing music. But that has since returned back to only Overwatch’s sound playing, silencing my music.

Thanks in advanced for those who try and help me figure it out.

Here’s a detailed post about Bluetooth headsets/headphones and issues they face when being used for Overwatch:

I know, but I don’t use them when playing the game, I use them in custom games when I am just chilling. Typically I just use the text chat when in these custom games, I am already aware of the situation with Bluetooth headphones not working with Overwatch’s voice chat.

I was wondering if there could be a way to make my music keep playing while on overwatch custom games, since these headphones do it a lot, but not on all games. Or is this simply a situation that I can not do anything about on my end and will just have to wait until the devs figure a solution out regarding the game?

Shadow,

This problem is a limitation with how Bluetooth itself works, and it’s not something we can fix. If you pick up a different headset that is not Bluetooth, it should entirely fix the problem. Another option is just leaving all voice chat channels entirely while listening to music. Have you tried this and gotten any results?

1 Like

I don’t own another headset, but thanks for the reply. At least I know what is causing the issue now, even if I did not get the issue solved.