How can anyone play Sombra?

tell Dafran’s god tier tracking that sombras weapon spread isnt lethal… i think he forgot.

Yeah, I do too for some odd reason. Maybe it’s because I have well above hours on her so I somewhat got used to her spread, but I do wish they make it more so consistent rather than RNG…

Other than that, I have no issue with Sombra at all, in all honest opinion though, I am fine with her spread, but that doesn’t mean that I am not opposed to help tighten it just a tad bit or make it less random.

1 Like

Honestly though… Sombra is an opportunist. That’s why you see weak enemies through walls. She less for taking enemies down from full health, and more for picking off those who are already badly injured.

Among other things of course, like shutting down ultimate and abilities. But in terms of weapon spread, that’s who I play her.

I think you mean ‘‘refrain’’. :face_with_monocle:

How dare you bring logic into Overwatch!? (Kidding.)

I’ve thought about this before and while it does seem like a reasonable change to her spread, I still feel it’d kinda be overdoing it. (Giving her something useful while she doesn’t really need it.) As it’s been stated before she already has a good spread if you fight in her hack range, and if it got any better it would mean she wouldn’t always need to be in her hack range to win gunfights i.e not always needing to hack people to secure a kill on them if her spread got tighter overtime, with the way Sombra can position herself that change would be a pain in the butt for enemies to deal with on top of the utility she can already rely on.

Now this is just in general, I’m not directing this towards you, while it’s not that big of a deal if it did happen, it’s still not Sombra’s job to reliably be able to do stuff like that, Sombra gets in a bit closer and takes risks to be effective with her utility allowing her to use her gun to her fullest potential if the Sombra player knows what to do.

Because she’s fun for the flanking/annoying part, not the shooting :slight_smile:

Just play for fun, not the wins and you’ll find her more enjoyable :wink:

PS: sigh PLDT still broken.

1 Like

I understand what you are saying, it is not necessarily needed, but it does improve the hero by a smidge to the point that she wouldn’t be overpowered.

What I noticed is that Sombra simply works best on more bulky heroes due to her spread, which shouldn’t be a surprising thing as this can apply to all heroes. However, when it comes to heroes like Mercy, Symmetra, Tracer, Widow, Moria, Genji etc. you will notice that she will have some difficulty taking these heroes out due to the fact that her RNG spread simply sometime works against you rather than with you, which making her time to kill on some of these heroes pretty length compared to others.

Also, people believe that she has a pretty inconsistent spread, is because she has a larger mag compared to the rest of the offense heroes.

At this point, Sombra is fine at the moment. She could use some bug fixes and some small buffs/ QoL changes ,but I think overall she is fine.

Yeah, the only thing I want for Sombra right now is Bug Fixes, QoL Changes, and being able to Emote while in Stealth.

As for that third one, :sweat_smile: people say being able to have 3rd person advantage on command isn’t a good thing, but what’s the difference? If Sombra went around a corner in Stealth you still wouldn’t see her. :joy:

1 Like

Emote while in stealth is a huge buff! sign me in for that one. :sweat_smile:

Sometimes the positions that give you that information would involves running into the line of fire where you can risk exposing yourself, whereas now you can get a lot of good angles without risk.

But if you’re worried about line of fire then you already have a good idea of whats happening there, no one would waste there time emoting to get a ‘better’ look.

The only reason I want this change is so I can watch myself Dance while in Stealth because the cloak looks cool. :sweat_smile:

Knowing what is happening is far more important than knowing something is happening. Also as an example, you’d be able look underneath things by emoting on high ground without committing to jumping down to look.

She has the same radius of spread as Tracer

I agree she should be buffed, I just think it can be done in other ways. Even if damage is what you are targeting you could lower her reload speed or give her an automatic reload on translocator because her reload is really long. Her spread is just dangerous to touch. I wouldn’t mind that buff but so many people would be complaining.

You can easily kill any 200hp hero with less than 1 clip if you know what you’re doing. Stop playing her like S76 and shoot people from far away.

I’m with the few people who are talking about bug and QoL changes. Get those taken care of (c’mon sugar skull on hacked targets) and Sombra would be solid enough to not need to be touched.

Tightening her spread further would be…eh, probably not a good idea

this is all i can think of

2 Likes

No, Sombra has 2.7 degrees maximum spread and Tracer has 3.6.
Also Sombra’s falloff starts at 15 meters vs 11 for Tracer. Both have same sustained DPS, but Tracer is more bursty with more downtime.

Playing both heroes extensively, personally I prefer Sombra’s weapon to that of Tracer. Better at medium range and gives more room for error, still deadly at close range as you can afford more headshots with less spread.

1 Like

invis get close hack drop a clip into the back of their head.
if that doesn’t work shoot invis tele above drop a clip into them

also her ult is amazing for combos like DVA bomb and easy to build even going more aggro since health pack play isnt as good for much now

I’m glad you caught me on this. It’s embarrassing because I’ve already made a post on this before lol

Feels bad man

I know when I can finish someone far far away and when I can’t, just takes practice to get used to it