How are people still defending this game, it's insane

A downgrade for you, okay, for me it’s a huge upgrade. Skins are meaningless to me, they’re cute but I don’t care, and that’s the end of the story for me. ABK could charge 1000USD for a spray, I wouldn’t bat an eyelash - Provided the game is not already paid for.

There are plenty of games with massively predatory MTXs and, as far as I’ve seen, OW2 is not among them. It could be, with the hero locking thing, not discarding that, lets be clear about it, I’m worried about that, there’s a chance those explode the entire game.

But cosmetics? Those are worthy whatever people are willing to pay for them, it’s no different than Prada shoes or Dolce Gabana, they are meaningless to some, meaningful to others, and all use the same societal pressure to flog themselves and yes, those are marketed to children just as much, kids are obessed with Neymar-sponsored products or whatever the famous TikTok content creator endorsed.

And by the way, this is a sticking point with me, OW1 did not “give you” skins, I’m sorry but that’s you falling for marketing lies and serves as further evidence of how immoral random boxes are. You paid for those skins with the entry price, OW1 is not free, you bought it, those skins were not given, they are yours by right, they came with the package, and yet they were delivered to you on a drip feed that made you believe ABK was kind enough to given them to you. You were tricked.

A F2P game, seeling cosmetics, can charge whatever the heck it wants for them as far as I’m concerned, I see nothing wrong with that. There’s all sorts of inhumane things that can be done from a marketing and design perspective, and that’s true for all business and I wanna be very clear that when it comes to basic needs, those practices are not okay at all, some food, care, transport and education business are more evil than any game dev could ever be.

But for a F2P pay-to-pretty entertainment game, I say if one doesn’t like it, go to a public library, read Homer, Mary Shelley, watch Casablanca (a few libraries have movies as well) or just play other F2P games one considers most fair (I like Path of Exile a lot, you can finish the entire story and not even realize there’s MTX).

2 Likes

You guys seriously aren’t this delusional are you? Like, when you typed that out, was there really nothing in your brain that said “hey, maybe I should reevaluate my life and nonexistent perception of value?”

Are you seriously telling me you’d rather buy 4 second jobs to grind out sprays and voice lines than have a different full game? Based entirely on the premise that perhaps maybe you might not like that game?

Yeah. I’d rather spend $40 on a new game than spend it on the opportunity to grind for ****ing sprays and a pittance of skins. I’m not stupid.

3 Likes

It’s not the entirety of the experience but I find it to be a really fun part of the game. I enjoy aesthetics and dressing my character up in different costumes. New skins were always something I looked forward to.

Kiriko seems like a hero with the potential for some nice skins and I don’t want to miss out on that. I personally am not a fan of Sojourns default skin but I really liked her skins.

Idk I’m an artist so I care more about this stuff than I should lol. One of the reasons I like ow as a game is that I like it’s art/character style- it’s cartoony and bright.

Personally, I think it’s acceptable people are able to separate criticisms of the game from criticisms of people on the forums. You like to jump immediately to shaming people as shills or identifying others as doomers without realizing people can be both, which in my opinion are the most rational people of them all.

It’s unfortunate you feel the need to jump to extreme conclusions of people to back your rhetoric.

I hope that one day people on these forums can have genuine, common ground conversations with each other instead of being concerned over who’s this or that or who’s right or wrong.

Godspeed and good luck

The game is not free.

Its tied to a phone bill.

While you’re not wrong, it should be made clear those who have pre existing and compatible plans do have free access. It should also be be highly made aware that for those who don’t it’s not free. We should be honest and genuine in our criticisms of the projected/confirmed plan, so that both sides can relate to one another without having to sift through one sided extremes in order to get blizzard to reconsider their actions, elsewise we will remain fighting and clarifying amongst ourselves

Oh i get it. I just dont see reason to clarify blizzards practices as instead of doing the right thing they just double down on another lie.

I would not be suprised that you will soon have to do paid subscriptions

Well, I think a lot of people would prefer a paid subscription. But that’s all about context and what’s included. I believe that is an argument many people have made as to be preferred to the current model.

As for the rest, as long as we can acknowledge the spectrum of people rather than the extremes I’m good.

Its not so much the paid subscription as it is how theyll go about it i feel.

Like blizzard wont just say “We’re going to charge you a monthly subscription” they’ll say something like “Every month pay 10 dollars and you get a boost in PVE weekly challenges” and this “Boost” is almost the only thing that will make the mode playable.

So essentially players will pay monthly lest they get their pve experience shafted, with no core aspects change or increase in quality of content like other monthly subscriptions do.

Well, I understand that and maybe that’s a big part of the current problem to. I mean, I think pricing is too high no matter what, but what if the phrasing and approach was all that mattered?

Not to me, it isn’t. Pre-paids work in Brazil and are dirt cheap. Been using mine for since december and cost me a total of 35 of the local currency. Overwatch 1 was 60-80.

You literally just explained your account is tied to a phone bill.

the only theory that makes sense to me so far, although there is no proof, is that certain folks on these forums are paid shills.

I dont see a problem when these folks defend 5v5 and other such changes that can be seen either way. Its when things like pay 2 win and the telephone requirements - obvious huge problems - are defended that this is the only explanation that fits for me

again, I have no proof and as such I am not gonna accuse anyone directly of this, just saying it is in my eyes the only plausible explanation for this behavior

It’s a pre-paid. There’s no bill. I bought a number for 15 in december, didn’t touch it until past month where I needed to travel, so I pre-paid in 20 to make a few calls.

Not everyone is a slave to AT-AT or whomever.

1 Like

It’s like, jeeze guys, just because you like something, I mean, DON’T SAY THAT YOU LIKE IT

Because it’s LITERALLY, NOT. THAT. BAD. It’s actually great for the game, that hasn’t been updated in three years.

But…you pay for the phone to play…you know what ill let you have this one im burned out for now. Yes OW2 is completely free and nothing else is tied to having to play it.

Yeah the shop sucks. I’m still gonna play the game though, the gameplay looks terrific.

I also pay internet, my PC, electricity bill, roof over my head, food I need for the energy to play…

So what? I need those to play any F2P game too even if they don’t have SMS check, should I add their cost in too? But wait a minute, I need those for OW1 too, damn OW1 is so expensive, I can’t believe it.

Good lord what a dumb argument.

1 Like

YES. Because there is an initial cost to play OW2. You have to buy it to play it. Oh wait…

So you pay to play “free” to play?

The mental gymnastics is astounding with shills.

I dont have a phone tied to my multiversus account btw.