How am I banned for hacking?! I'm hard stuck Bronze!

A few people have updated their threads to say their ban was overturned. So maybe that’s the case.

2 Likes

It exists, I posted in that thread about trying to Flag Jeff for Trolling.
They may have removed the thread though.

1 Like

I haven’t been unbanned yet. Want to bet that if I create a topic inquiring about my unjustified ban, it will get removed and I will end up being silenced again?

1 Like

Did you open a support ticket?

Do you have any third party software that could be detected as affecting the game like the original version of Valorant’s anti-cheat installed, for example?

I have that, and OW is perfectly fine for me.

I got you!

Yes, I opened a support ticket. It has been ignored for 3days, then I wrote in it again, and immediately got a generic “get lost” reply, then the ticket got closed. Opened another one 2 days ago, no reply now. What an amazing customer support.

Low rank doesn’t necessarily mean can’t aim either, especially if they’ve been playing for a long time. You can have decent aim but have the game sense of a potato. I was watching Samito coach a McCree player out of Bronze recently and her aim was solid. She just made awful decisions and went on crazy flanks that took way too long and rarely achieved anything.

1 Like

Good luck. Some people have gotten theirs overturned.

1 Like

I thought there was a new one, but if that’s the one, I saw it live, and it was awesome.

meanwhile I see plenty of real hackers going about their business all year

1 Like

A friend of mine is just so good at aiming as Widowmaker he gets a lot of guff from the enemy team for being a hacker. So while I’m sure there are some hackers around, there are just as many allegations of hacking against good players which are largely unfounded.

I doubt a silver port would cheat however, most people who cheat have bronze because they don’t care about a alt account getting banned.

1 Like

Same thing for me happened got this in my mail
Recent activity on this account shows the use of an unauthorized cheat program, also known as a “hack”, which harms the intended player experience. Did a ticket then got this mail back , After performing an additional review of the evidence considered in this action, we determined that this account closure was an error. We are reopening the license for play, and hope you will accept our sincere apologies for the mistake , so do a ticket blizzard can make mistakes

2 Likes

They banned you to save the rest OW players from your presence and gameplay!!! :smiley:

Sorry… I am joking! But I had to tell it hehe!

Seriously now, I think something got wrong with their ban wave system… so many posts about ban accounts … can’t be all true…
I don’t know! It smells fishy to me… I started to believe that their complaints are kinda true…

EDIT: Also is a bit terrifying knowing that they probably won’t find any justice just because the Blizzard Support system sucks and they care, neither review the ban cases. They just spam an automatic message about “This penalty has already been upheld”. I know that first hand because my Heroes of the Storm account banned for abusive chat (yes I deserved a punishment, not a ban). But I read a lot of posts complaining about Blizzard Support when it has to do with appeals and bans.

EDIT 2: They should review some cases after 1-2 years (if the user still tries ofc). I don’t know what is happening with their Support though. They keep telling everywhere that they want a friendly, safe, and happy environment but after so many years their games are far from that and even worse they punished people so hard without caring for their cases. All that it’s contradictory.

1 Like

Well, someone who cannot code would just get any cheat off the internets. Not accusing you, but that statement isn’t really helping.

But it has been said before, you should open a ticket. As the forums cannot help you.

Hmmmm…me think he wasnt hacking

2 Likes

Where where??? Asking for a friend.

BRO HACK AND GET OUT OF BRONZE OR QUIT THE GAME if u like I can boost u / carry u on my main acc assuming you are in my platform … but I think u are just trolling around tbh

The appeals process has been reduced so far to an automated response stating they’re not reversing the ban.

Since the appeals process is unhelpful and there have been ban reversals, I think it’s reasonable to assume the forum posts have been helping.

It’s fair to want a statement from Blizzard, because it can happen to you even if you’re not cheating.

1 Like