How about when my graphics card crashes i don't get banned from comp

just a thought. seems like it would be a pretty easy thing to distinguish if my card crashed on your guys end. would be nice. this is the only damn game i play that crashes. have updated 10000000000 times and still crashes every 30 games or so. so lets not penalize me for your system’s not able to tell the difference between a rage quit and a GRAPHICS CARD CRASH

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties and by enforcing penalities on crashes that helps encourage users to correct those issues before attempting to play Competitive again. You can learn about this policy here:

If you are getting the Rendering Device Lost error, there are wide variety of causes behind this. First if you use a NVidia RTX 20X0 series graphics card, there is an ongoing issue that can result in this error. Thankfully there is a workaround solution available until they can completely fix this problem.

If you do NOT own a RTX graphics card, DO NOT attempt to use the workaround solution listed above, instead please follow these standard troubleshooting steps:

1 Like

How it happened is irrelevant. If it wasn’t the servers fault than you should be punished. You’ve given 5 other people an automatic loss.