How about some quests?

Hi there,
I did not find any proper topic about this… maybe I’m just bad at searching but I will ask here atleast…
Could we get some proper quests/missions in Overwatch?
You know… for years and seasons and different event… all we have to do… 9 wins = end… sorry but that is not enought… that is just weak and sad option to “give us something” to do…
With many games out there (like Apex-Fortnite-Pubg… etc.) every damn game (even free games…) have some sort of missions for seasons.
Would it be that hard to make if not daily, then weekly missions or if even that would be problem… for events?
You know… skins are surely nice… but when I see SAME Q SYSTEM again and again… that is just sad :frowning: that does not make me want to play the game more…

And dont say that it would make it too hard… there are incredibly annoying and hard missions in Apex (4 example) and I still love to try to do them… in OW… you just log in and… well you win or lose… you get it in time… no need to try hard… if we have Achievements… missions would make it even more fun.

Just example “Ressurect 5 players with Mercy.” “Block 10000 dmg with barriers” “Heal XXXX with any healer or 1 healer… add anything you want”
Increase dificulty? “Eat ultimate with D.Vas Defense matrix” … something that would force people like me (players that want to play for fun… without main spec… so I play Mystery heroes 99% of time) to play some specific heroes and “get better” with them :slight_smile:
Anything better as same damn boring “Q/Event” system like we have right now. (Not to mention that Events are same from start with no big changes.)

Well thanks for any suggestions or… reactions :slight_smile: just keep it polite if you do not agree with me :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

What you’re describing is essentially how they use achievements. Their dilemma with recurring quests like that is encouraging people to play characters they don’t like and/or aren’t good at, possibly even in suboptimal ways, in modes where people are supposed to be trying to win instead.

The farthest they could go for daily quests without encouraging bad behavior is probably things like “Play/Win X games as [role] in QP/Competitive,” and that already exists for whatever role is least popular (Tank).

1 Like

Yeah, there is basically nothing to do in the game.

And now that we have 222 there is no excuse not to have missions since ppl can’t ruin matches just for missions.

Oh no, people being useful beyond think “maining” something is helpful

Well… in other games you get Q and well… you do it or not… depends on you. But I do believe that still for most people this would be interesting thing to do… I do not have anything to play for… I did most of achievements that I cared about and… well. 9 wins a week… great fun… when I go to Apex… I have my favorites but… well Q is to do that or that… Ok lets roll something I do not know :slight_smile: fun!

Your quest is to

Get onto the LA Gladiators

You have 50 years

Your time starts now

I haven’t seen the Apex quests specifically, but most games with dailies make the requirements pretty broad in order to avoid overly restricting what the players have to do, since different players enjoy different ways of playing.

That same approach is probably even more valuable for Overwatch, where several teammates are relying on the player who’s trying to complete quests. To that end, it helps if the main decisions related to the quest requirements are made before entering a match, e.g. selecting a particular role.

That said, some of the things you suggested like “heal/block/deal X damage” could still probably work in that context, since they’re pretty generic outcomes of playing a given role… although even then you might end up with that one jerk feeding on Roadhog to complete his healing quest or something.

That exactly could be blocked by Q itself. If it would state “Heal a member of party or with support character”
Even if you would give out Q to lets say “Hook 5 people with Roadhog” Some people that did not excel on that… would try it out to actually do the Q and it would make them work on hero in right way.
There is alot of examples that could be made to not hinder team progress.
As you said… In apex you get some Q like… deal XXX dmg with shotguns or sniper rifles… or with a legends etc. That will force you to play with weapons that you are not the best use to play with… might hinder team work a bit… at start, but makes you better at game in overal.
Q could be made to work just in arcades or quick play… make it randomized… make it to help people do their job on hero :slight_smile: