Houston Outlaws vs. Boston Uprising - FINAL

I’m hoping for crossplatform between PS and Xbox as they are pretty much the same style of Overwatch.

Not sure about Switch but I think PC and Console might be really unfair, but PS/Xbox cross paltform woul dbe really cool

To be fair Aim Assist isn’t really horrible, its just to help people as aiming on console is harder than aiming on PC.

Like, both versions have their pro’s and their cons.

yo what games u got for the switch?

I agree. I have PC and console accounts and I personally prefer the console one. It is the same game with small differences in movement. It’s easier to aim with a mouse but it’s easier to move with a controller, so there are stylistic differences in play. I get that customization on console is hard, though, which is why PC gets focused on. You have to go through Sony/Microsoft to do anything out of the ordinary with the game on console, which slows things down and limits option.

Yes, sadly, I wish Sony and Microsoft were a lot more open so console players could have access to the PTR just like PC players, sadly they aren’t.

Aim Assist is one factor, though the advantage of mouse and keyboard still outplays that of controller with aim assist. Again though, PC is more preferred from an “operational” standpoint. In live homestand matches, the dedicated LAN client is really amazing… all of the player PCs is actually one big server rack with the monitor and inputs directly routed to it. Fun fact, many of the professional spectator observers actually control the camera on controller (its easier to make soft pans with joystick versus that of mouse).

Now PC does have more customizable options. Frame rate is everything in Overwatch, so for players to maximize frame rate, they will often set everything at low graphic display settings. This eliminates random non-critical objects from being seen in the map environment and makes it easier to spot opponents. Players train their mouse sensitivity to be extremely low (meaning you have to move farther to look around but you can intimately make precision aiming adjustments). I have a guide that details all of this here:

In short, yeah PC is a more “functional” platform for Overwatch Esports and that is why it is the preferred platform for all pro players.

By the ways, here is jerry meter that Wolf mentioned:

Source: https://twitter.com/somniloquizing/status/1249110279733960706

Is there a reason why console does not have graphics settings?

Doesn’t lower graphics help with ping and stuff?

Lower graphics only help with FPS, but Consoles usually have set settings because that is the way the console is, it’s set, no customization.

The Public Test Region in all purposes is a “beta server”. Bugs and technical issues are possible and can be expected when playing on the PTR.
The nice thing about consoles is that players should expect their games to be fully functional when playing, that is the promise of console manufacturers and why there is such a market of video games even in today’s day and age. Ever heard of the Nintendo Seal of Quality? It was an old promise listed in every product from the NES to the Gamecube.

Aside from connection issues for online games, consoles are really great tidy packages for most gamers. This is why there is console certification processes, and why the PTR is only available on the PC.

1 Like

Overwatch, Super Smash Bros, Zelda BotW, some indies…

Yes, it is good to know we get a polished product from the Overwatch Team, but still it would be fun to test out the new heroes and maps early, but I suppose you’re right.

I just wish we were able to get them on Experimental, but I guess thats only for balance changes.

yooo who do you main in smash??? i gotta know

Correct, Experimental is a huge step forward, but can only make changes based on the current existing game assets. For example, there is an upcoming balance change for Tracer that required new changes to the game’s map terrain code, so it can only be tested on the PTR and not Experimental.

Is that the one to do with Blink and reaching higher places?

I thought that was already added but oh well.

I do think experimental is a cool thing, and I love testing out the balances and changes to abilities.

But hey, atleast we’re getting a not-broken new hero! And theres only 2 more days to wait for echo.

So excited.

After Map 3

-
-
-
-

WATCH LIVE: YouTubeOverwatch League

hey what happened last night with the asian games?

That is correct. There may be other balance changes like this in the future as well.

Also can I just ask something about latency?

Two quick 3-0’s. Chungdu was being Chungdu… and Titans have too much rust after a two-month hiatus.

Final Score

-
-
Victory!
-
-

Final Score

-
-
-
-
Victory!