Hot take. You deserve your rank

Seems unlikely to me. There are families that share computers and have multiple accounts. That kind of thing could be a recipe for disaster.

But it is possible, for sure.

I honestly donā€™t care, people that think like they should think they just spent time to get better and now they shoudl be able to climb.

There was people placed Bronze 5 who were GM. Some ppl still stuck in it having got OW1 Diamond+. Just shush.

here was people placed Bronze 5 who were GM. Some ppl still stuck in it having got OW1 Diamond+. Just shush.

Who? I was placed silver 5 on tank and Iā€™m almost Masters after 20 games lmfao.

It was made fun of cuz a guy was on twitch getting bronze 5 and he said ā€œI was almost picked for OWLā€. You can look it up with google I donā€™t have the interest to prove it to you. My bro is stuck in bronze too and was a diamond tank in OW1, and we play a lot of games together where we get to higher ranks. The game is not working right for everyone. Maybe it is for you, good for you.

Their own patch notes and forum posts have confirmed there is matchmaking and placement issues. Itā€™s not rocket science.

2 Likes

I would probably not say this as it is against the ToS to account share which if you are hoping onto their account playing that is a form of account sharing and can get his account banned. Even if you are at their house and jumping on to play, you shouldnā€™t post that here.

Just giving you a heads up and I agree with everything you said but donā€™t want to see your friends account banned.

No. This is wrong lol. I nearly hit platinum a few years ago. Im now Bronze. That may be me getting worse but I dont think its normal for one season to go from Gold to Bronze lol. Im better at the game than I was back then.

it will always be busted.

1 Like

I have played in every rank in the game. Overwatch was my first FPS. I was never ā€œgoodā€. I spent all my time playing Minecraft before Overwatch.

Blaming the ranking system for your lack of an ability to improve in order to alleviate yourself of any responsibility so that you can feel better about yourself is just about the most sad mindset to have if you are actually committed to climbing in ranked.

You will always have bad teammates, you will always have bad games, you will always have throwers, you will always have smurfs. Players with any sense of determination to improve will own their faults and their mistakes and stop blaming extenuating circumstances for their stagnation.

Everyone patting each other on their backs in an echo-chamber of ā€œItā€™s not your fault. Letā€™s blame the ranking system,ā€ Isnā€™t going to help anyone. It never has and it never will. Itā€™s extremely aggravating especially to those players who took the time to educate themselves, grind games, review their losses, spend countless hours watching better players, learn playstyles and positioning, and place themselves into a position where they can drop the EGO, accept that they are not good enough, and improve.

2 Likes

The system tries to force an ā€œeven match.ā€

That says it all.

It shouldnā€™t try to force anything. Know why?

Because my duo partner and I lose half of our games because the three randoms will ALL die together in an Orisa ult at the end of the game.

We lose. We donā€™t rank up. We had to play with them, in order to force an even match. They shouldnā€™t be in our rank. Yet, here we are.

In OW, the matchmaker is straight up oppresssive to people maybe two ranks below where they could easily hang. Thatā€™s why itā€™s a constant topic, and the biggest complain youā€™ll see about this game.

They need to change it.

4 Likes

You must feel pretty silly about this post now after the patch notes. Evidently there were people stuck Bronze 5 no matter what. Players who used to be Diamond or even higher.

After just one set of 7 wins theyā€™re now moving up out of bronze 5 after weeks of being stuck there.

And this isnā€™t someone trying to defend their low rank, fortunately the bug never affected me. My first placement was S5 now currently Plat 3.

But evidently it doesnt take much scowling the forums to see the system clearly did have a flaw.

So although ā€˜someā€™ of your points are valid. If peolpe are stuck silver or gold etc and repeatedly in the same bracket, then yes, thats likely where they belong. But you cant apply this to the Bronze 5 stuck people as evidently the system Effed them up

4 Likes

I appreciate the concern. Iā€™ve never mentioned his account name, but that is sad if those are the ā€œrulesā€. We just hang out at his place and play Overwatch together sometimes. Iā€™m definitely not trying to boost him nefariously.

Competitive in this game is DEAD

Anyone who says otherwise is straight Copium to the max.

4 Likes

That sure is funny when every time I que up for support Iā€™m put with two DPS who get 1 or 2 kills and we go up against DPS who play like OWL and get 30 or 40. You literally CANā€™T carry that.

1 Like

So youā€™re going to keep posting your ignorant rhetoric without ackowledging the patch notes?

1 Like

you can, the main issue comes in when youā€™re being punished too hard for the games you canā€™t or not rewarded enough for the games you do.

I havenā€™t responded to anyone mentioning the competitive adjustments in the patch notes because nothing in the patch notes is counter to anything Iā€™ve said.

I donā€™t think the people @ing me with the lazy ā€œgotchaā€ messages like you have even read the patch notes - or even my OP for that matter. Not a single person has quoted the PNs against me yet. Itā€™s just been pointless noise.

Hereā€™s all the patch notes concerning competitive ranking so you can read for yourself:

Precisely nothing here disagrees with anything Iā€™ve said. My statements are still true. People have just seen that Overwatch is introducing minor and extremely vague changes to the overall ranking system which, somehow, gives them another escape or excuse to pretend that they are stuck in the rank they are because ā€œladder must have been inherently broken before this, therefore Iā€™m justified in thinking that Itā€™s not my fault that Iā€™m hardstuckā€ - which is some loopy mental copium gymnastics and isnā€™t the case at all.

Side note: Bronze 5 has been confirmed to be bugged. This still does not give you justification to complain that ā€œthe system is rigged and you deserve a better rankā€.
Firstly, Bronze accounts for a very small percentage of the Overwatch competitive playerbase, and an even smaller percentage of these players are Bronze 5. The vast majority of players have not been affected by this. There is no ā€œgold 3ā€ bug, and this wasnā€™t affecting all the ranks in Overwatch 1 like I saw someone claiming (How could it? You could literally see your rating move).
Secondly, my post clearly wasnā€™t at all intended for new players who may have been affected by this as I specifically stated that I am speaking to ā€œhardstuckā€ players, which doesnā€™t apply to anyone playing their first season.

This bit had nothing to do with what my OP was about, but I figured Iā€™d cover it because someone who hasnā€™t read the patch notes and/or my post is eventually going to message me about this again.

2 Likes

So Iā€™m not sure how you make a statement that ā€œX is trueā€ without adequate evidence. Even when Blizzard admitted they had major systemic issues in the beginning, Iā€™m sure some players were progressing to GM, Masters, etc. By your logic, and based on what you knew, had Blizzard never made a statement about this, youā€™d probably have said the system was fine then too because some people were actually climbing.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure what youā€™re trying to say. You asked, theoretically, if a ranking system could be flawed and I responded with yes.

the question first is, what is a hardstuck?

You need to clarify out how many games played - per start of season. If you play only 2-3 games per day, what a lot of gamers do. You will have the feeling of stucking longer, as someone who plays 10 games per day.

A normal player, who lets would be in plat 3. like a normal plat player, from bronze 5 to plat 3 4-5-6 weeks?

probably not a hardstuck, but if someone cant put into it so many games, ofc - he hardstuck because of the lack of time.

That is just a real factor, time. Taken loosed games because someone leaves mid game were on 5% on my dps sessions.

We arenĀ“t all top tier players and most likely who ever sayĀ“s ā€œyour belong your rankā€ is just a mid elo gamer.

That all in all is a bad exp. by the playerbase.

2 Likes

Deleting posts you donā€™t like Berry wonā€™t change the fact that most ppl think you are missing some brain cells.

1 Like