Hot take. You deserve your rank

I ABSOLUTELY I AGREE THATS WHY IM HARDSTUCK GRADMASTERS for the past 20 season lol.

Nope. Sorry. Another clueless person. Oh wait… What’s that? Blizzard just announced in this new patch they did some big adjustments to Match Making?? Waaahhht?? I thought, according to you, you are at your rank because you belong there. Weird how Blizzard agrees with a lot of us about not belonging where we are. Isn’t this the 2nd biggest update to it too? First placements people like you said this same thing and then Blizzard flat out said they messed up and fixed placement matches correctly.

5 Likes

This aged poorly considering blizzard just come out attempting to fix a bunch of bugs that were incorrectly keeping people in the wrong ranks and admitting and are adjusting the system to be more accurate when determining a players skill level and placing them.

How do you feel?

10 Likes

Neither do the dev team, so it’s an extremely flawed system.

1 Like

I have played from Bronze 5 on my friends account to Diamond level on my accounts. There was no real, authentic difference in skill level across all of those games. There IS a lot of copium going around…from higher ranked people who believe it was their “skill” that earned them that rank and not just luck.

5 Likes

Repeatedly reaching grandmaster on multiple accounts across multiple seasons is luck?

2 Likes

If you’re that good, congratulations. However, what you ego-centric GMs don’t understand about competitive is this: There is no real “climbing” in this game. You were already that good to begin with. It’s the illusion of getting better over time and climbing the ranks that validates the time you’ve spent. The rank you “deserve” is simply a validation of whatever skill level you were at to begin with. You just had to grind away until you reached that rank. I’ve made a post about my experiences here: My lucid rant on Competitive

Summary of the post: My friend is stuck in Bronze on all roles. I’m in platinum currently in tank. It was REALLY hard to get his account to climb just from bronze 3 to 2. Can I get his account to platinum eventually? I don’t know. But, I already have “platinum/diamond” skill, whatever that is. I’m much better than he is currently, but he is definitely better than bronze. However, unless he reaches “platinum/diamond” level skill, he won’t escape bronze by himself. Same thing for me. I’m stuck in platinum now with tank. I probably won’t ever climb unless I reach “GM” level skill, whatever that is. Then, it is simply a matter of going through the motions, mindlessly grinding 100s of games just to validate the skill level you were already at. What’s the point? The ranks are all BS and everyone with common sense knows it. I believe there are really only 3 levels of skill in this game: average (bronze - platinum), good (diamond - GM), great (top 500/pro). But I hope everyone has fun debating the minutiae of the various ranks, making fun of “plat” players or “bronze” players like there’s a difference. You’re all delusional.

5 Likes

Funny that the developers literally just admitted that the match making system wasn’t working right.

6 Likes

They already admitted to doing shenanigans with the ranks years ago way back in Overwatch 1, when they arbitrarily moved everyone from Plat to Silver down one full rank. The rational? Because there wasn’t enough players in Bronze LOL! Wait, I thought bronze was supposed to be beginners and below average, and gold was average. No, apparently they decided to make bronze average, because…who knows?

2 Likes

Nope i completely disagree. Most players shouldn’t be in silver gold and worse “plat” How can i say this? the game reset me back to bronze V and i ddin’t complain. the best time i ahd at the game was at bronze division as i was going easy against the enemy while teaching and watching player sself improve themselves .At silver is when i had to start playing properly i thought but turns out its still bronze V… I got to gold and its still the same

Gameplay
4 NPC bots doing random things + me vs a 3,4,5 stack focusing me + 2 NPC… Some instance it can be 4 or 5 stack. Which means the game is A single player PVE with 4 bots helping you vs 5 players. 1v9.

1v9 is never healthy. it adds too much pressure on an individual and will create mental health problems for that individual. it will affect the player for the rest of the day. League of legends does a better job because of the community. Their rank is real and so they play like actual humans then NPCs in overwatch.

if i were to keep playing this game. It will have a severe mental toll on me of rage and stress.

my only overwatch complain is my concern for mental health. if you’re gonna reset my rank to bronze V and put all the pressure on me to carry 4 NPCs vs a stacked team… Then why don’t you reset everybody to brozne V? and make sure rank solo is solo. WHy do so many bad players get a " pass go collect $200" free pass to a higher rank after placements when they don’t deserve it and continue to play at a bronze level in plat?

Overwatch is very unhealthy if you’re a human amongst the NPCs. it made me bitter and angry Plat is the worst rank. the msot fair thing to do is to reset everybody in diamond to bronze including me and have them climb solo only. how dare you blizzard, How dare you do this. to allow ther action that causes mental health problems on an individual.it sickens me.

Ya, after patch first set of 7 Went up 3 ranks. Def a bug. Glad it’s fixed.

1 Like

you’re delusional af if you think league players care about the fact that its ranked, and wont throw at the slightest excuse.

Do you have irrefutable proof via dev comment from lead designer or a code snippet of the MM software itself?

Because if not. Uno-reverso. You numb nut clown.

2 Likes

I mean people are finally climbing out after the patch so I don’t see why it matters WHAT the problem was, it’s fixed, and if you were one of the ones acting like it wasn’t you were a part of the problem.

2 Likes

Not only was I not stuck in bronze 5, I never stated it was a problem.

Though it wouldn’t surprise me that a lot of players who actually deserve to be in bronze 5 are complaining for no reason, the launch of Overwatch 2 has been a technical failure in comparison to OW1

2 Likes

I no doubt, as they will, and they deserve to be B5 however these forums labeled everyone trash, bad, and desreved to be where they were if they were placed there. It was pure delusion. And wouldn’t listen to anything they said, I hate people who brag when they’re right but yeah nah…I’m riding this one out.

1 Like

Lol…. Fair enough….

Personally I opt’d not to take part in that particular argument if only because the entire launch of Overwatch 2 has been a disaster.

Doesn’t mean I’ll excuse trash players for blaming their teammates. But I honestly harbor no loyalties towards Blizzard.

• Honestly besides Overwatch I’ve never played any of their other games
  • And I still think Valorant is fundamentally better designed
  • But Overwatch (one at least) was still a better game than Val
2 Likes

Imagine posting such crap when using a Winston avatar LOL

1 Like

We don’t know that they don’t use hardware id and other metrics to make sure alt accounts are referenced and appropriately placed and pushed to correct SR/MMR.

i think the problem is that the fix should apply to previous matches won/lost. people that were hardstuck and frustrated for nothing just wasted so many hours of their life, no compensation even? the friends they queued with are now above gold so they have to grind Bronze queue solo with randoms