Hot take: Mercy's Guardian Angle movement is too fast

I’m going to get a lot of hate for this but Mercy’s movement needs to be addressed she is the most elusive hero on the roster right now,

with almost no CC left it’s like playing duck hunt on hard mode trying to hit her

This has been an issue this season across all skill tiers especially gold and below, because mechanically people can’t even hit mercy close to consistently so she has sub 5 deaths per game even in comp matches

34 Likes

She’s also the only Support with no midcombat selfheal, outside of her Ult.

Well, except for Zen, who has a ton of firepower, and his regen passive and shield regen double stack for 35hps

52 Likes

Even top 500 say she’s essentially unkillable now. They don’t even try to kill her anymore, and they have god-tier aim.

Her movement needs to be addressed.

44 Likes

Her backward mid-air jump is too much.

1 Like

Hot take: DPS just want supports to just lie down and die.

96 Likes

And she trades off for that in different parts of her skill…

and her velocity during GA is 3x walking speed… so…

And you did not provide any evidence to support your claims, so I am gonna dismiss it right here and now.

Argument from authority fallacy…

Asserted without evidence, dismissed without evidence…

7 Likes

Mercy needs to be deleted. There’s no reason for that pocketbot hero to exist.

16 Likes

Well, a simpler take.

Pretty much anybody who doesn’t want them to get enough Support players to fix Matchmaking, can deal with it, or quit.

Since they aren’t financially important enough for Blizzard to deliberately not fix Matchmaking.

And Blizzard is a business.

2 Likes

This Mercy main is taking an “Intro to debate” course, lol. This is a gaming forum, professor, we’re not going to provide citations or empirical evidence to support statements which are widely known and accepted.

Many top500 have made the same claim as OP. She’s got busted movement. Want proof? just search Mercy Op in these forums and see the hundreds of posts this week about it.

16 Likes

So you present claims as true, when you know you can’t show them to be true…

So you are simply lying.

Since when lying became acceptable anywhere?

And they did not present any evidence…

So it is just argumentum ad populum mixed with argument from authority…

15 Likes

Extremely cold take you mean? She flies at mach 10 through the air and is impossible to hit depending on how good the Mercy is

6 Likes

Projecting much?

They could main any of the roles and you would still be just as offended if anyone said something bad about a support.

4 Likes

Another skill issue thead… Mercy is not inmortal.

24 Likes

I watch a lot of t500 streamers and even insane hitscan like wanted sometime struggle to kill her. I can only imagine how bad it is at lower ranks where people can’t aim.

But then again - she doesn’t really have anything else in the midfight, so meh…I think it’s probably fine.

4 Likes

Does the typo not bother anyone? It kind of does me.

3 Likes

Sigh, talking to college students is so exhausting. They think big words = strong arguments. That’s probably some fallacy too, lol.

Here, watch this, it’s one of hundreds just like it on this subject:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9ZoARov3UE

A “big word fallacy” is a type of logical fallacy where someone uses a complex or technical term in an argument to make it seem more credible or convincing, but without actually providing any substance or evidence to support it. This type of fallacy is also sometimes referred to as “using jargon” or “jargon dumping.” It’s important to recognize that using big words or technical terms doesn’t necessarily make an argument sounder, and it’s more important to focus on the logic, evidence, and reasoning behind the argument.

6 Likes

More like Samito stan post. Those are always fun.

But I still stand by the “They need more Support players to fix Matchmaking, more than they need anybody else, including streamers and OWL Pros”.

But I guess we still haven’t reached the point where it’s commonly accepted that a lack of Support players has anything to do with bad Matchmaking, despite how obvious it should be.

5 Likes

I think it’s a combination of issues. Matchmaking is a part, but the biggest issue is balance. The entire game is based around killing supports now, and it seems that the devs enjoy the idea of making OP heroes that are specifically designed to make our lives hell. 1 shots, unkillable tanks, dive heroes.

It’s not fun to be a support, even when matchmaking is perfect.

Making mercy unkillable, or ana a anti-spam bot, or kiriko a cleanse bot, doesn’t address the core issue with supports.

2 Likes

yeah a skill issue :crossed_fingers:

9 Likes

Hero usage variety for the top 1% of the playerbase is laughably unimportant compared to Matchmaking Speed and Matchmaking Quality.

They could disband OWL entirely, lose every streamer, and lose half the GM playerbase and it would barely matter at all if that’s what it costs to fix Matchmaking.

2 Likes