Hopefully this means the end of Role Queue soon

Well HOT DAMN, that is one for the record books, we have a poll going in the other direction.

I would never have believed it unless I saw it.

a pre-role queue bully wants his gun back…

i hear tarkov is pretty good… cya

1 Like

The same can be said about pre-role queue as well. I had a lot of friends that where “driven out” of the game because they had enough of having to decide if they should play solo tank or solo support with five DPS.

They returned to the game first after role queue was implemented and they still are playing the game.

I sticked around though when my friends were driven out, and 30-50 % of my games (depending on time and rank; gold or platinum) I locked in main tank, I had 4 people already locking in DPS, while the 5th player waiting to lock in, but after some seconds reluctantly locked in a support.

And when the game started the reluctant support would swap off to DPS after his/her first or second death. So there I am solo tank with no support, getting flamed by some of my teammates for not shielding enough even though I am dead because the other team broke my shield. This is especially the time when they nerfed tanks to get rid off GOATS while buffing the anti tank DPS. Also voice com quickly deteriorated into all the DPS flaming each other for not playing support. So no, pre-role queue was hell for tank and support players.

With that being said, I’m optimistic to 1-3-2, since the new problem I’ve seen are DPS mains locking in tank or supports only to play like a DPS. I’ve had so many Zenyattas or Lucios refusing to heal, and when you check their profiles they have only played DPS up until the last one or two seasons.

1 Like

Are you incapable of reading your own posts?

Sad

I know of no valid data (including but not limited to the items mentioned above) that supports the claim of a majority

We know how biased and misinformed you are! You don’t have to remind us of that every single day!

1 Like

It’s obvious that this 1-3-2 is the result of role queue being a disaster.

Most of my friends returned to the game after they added role queue, and have stayed since.

If you think 2-2-2 is a disaster just wait until you see 1-3-2 if it goes live. It would be the apocalypse.

In other words, you have nothing? That sounds biased and misinformed if I have ever had to guess.

1 Like

If your problem is people have long queues because everyone wants to play dps adding one dps extra is just a bandaid.

The core problem is tanking people don’t enjoy it especially the maintank even though since launch it is the most impact full role in the game.

I don’t have the answers to how to make it fun for players i enjoy it very much so my fun is not your fun i understand that but make it more fun and enjoyable i would honestly not know how my guess its the cc that most players don’t like as tank?

1 Like

In my experience, (at least at the rank I’m at, which is I guess Gold, haven’t played comp in seasons) - A 2-2-2 team will beat a 3-2-1 team or a 4-1-1 team most of the time.

Two tanks are better than one, just like two supports are better. The marginal added value of another DPS after two drops. The game, the characters, everything has been designed and built around the 2-2-2 concept from the start.

Basically, a well-balanced 2-2-2 team will just have better chances.
So playing support or tank is a little similar to the prisoner’s dilemma, or a freeriding problem. If just two of the six players are willing to play tank, the chances are already better. But if no one wants to, then all their chances drop.

(I have other theories on why certain past decisions, certain gutting of tanks and supports, and certain cases where the developers obviously turned a blind eye to the abuse of certain player groups may have led to this scenario where the players who used to play these ranks have already left long ago - But I digress.)

Uhh role q was the best thing to happen to this game. Every role became fun and q times are not a big deal since you can just do deathmatch.

1 Like

Jeff said that tank is the strawberry flavor ice cream.

Strawberry ice cream has never been #1 most popular flavor.

From that statement, I’ve inferred that the tank role is the least popular role in this game. I wonder why…

SURELY, it has NOTHING to do with the countless nerfs to any viable tank when they become meta…

The difference is, what u said is playerbase driving non-fitting out, it’s player’s fault if we need to blame. It’s peer-based. Imo people who can’t fit screams for an authority figure to come in even when we are way way pass that age of asking for higher-powered to help. It sounds like child behavior to me when people keep complaining about it when the collective did this to themselves.

What blizzard did is they drive what they deemed not fitting out, essentially hard-forcing things on the playerbase. This is toped-down.

How you were able to come to this conclusion based on absolutely anything I’ve said so far is beyond me… :man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

It is really simple, he asked you to prove the majority were into it, and your response was to insult him because, as he stated, no such data exists. You just want to believe what you want to believe.

1. I never insulted him, it’s just that the specific player I replied to has had a long history of spamming and feeding me his bias and misinformation and that’s why I replied that way.
  2. There are multiple sources of evidence that prove my original point (one of which was just released one day ago). I truly cannot understand how you came to that conclusion…

Ahhh… The absolute irony…

Post it, bro. Pics or it didn’t happen.

Okay then.

1. It the latest Developer Update Jeff Kaplan himself said that 2/2/2 role - queue was overall a “positive” change.
  2. Here are some official developer quotes that were released a couple of months ago:

And even more importantly, here’s the point where the overall very positive opinion of the majority of the game’s player base is touched upon:

1. I have to admit this isn’t such a trustworthy source, but just the fact that the grand majority of the unofficial polls created in social places as historically negative for some reason as these Forums have surprisingly shown 2/2/2 role - lock to be a clear winner amongst fans, with the different concensus sometimes even touching 3:1 in favor of the system really says a lot