Hopefully 222 role queue uses individual hero SR

It would drive me away and I’m sure I’m not the only one. One of the things that made this game great was the ability to think outside the box and really strategize with your team compositions. Forcing a 2/2/2 is a fallacious pipedream. I was on board with the idea until I really started thinking about it.

This will only increase the toxicity in the game. Instead of having people switch to DPS to try and carry, they’re just going to hard throw on tank/healer. You’re going to see more roadhogs who just run out there, more battle mercies, etc. Your idea of what forcing 2-2-2 vs reality is going to leave you really disappointed.

1 Like

Honestly i got disappointed everytime i got on expecting a decent game. And im in gold on console so none of those things are any sort of new to me.

no one cares how bad you hate it, just tell us why

all of this individual hero sr and role queue talk is making my head hurt…

If they did individual hero sr and you got “locked” into specific heroes for the SR you’re currently playing at, there is no room at all for counter picks or counter play… that would be more frustrating that anything i think. “Oh hey their pharah and mercy are killing our entire team, but none of us play widow at our current sr rank so we can’t attempt to shoot her out of the sky! At least we have doomfist and symmetra though! gg!”

I guess to me this seems to over complicate the comp scene and will probably end up killing competitive play if it does come out this way.

Yeah it would only work if the matchmaker only match groups against each other who have access to the same heroes. So if 1 team has a pharah and mercy the other 1 would have them too.

Counter picking at the moment work a lot of time against them. Since i am a pharah main i have seen many times, that someone switches to a hit scan. But they are really bad on them, and they are easy kills for me… They not countering me, and that team plays now with only 5 persons since the hit scan person became useless.
So switching to a hero that below your skill level is in most cases bad too.

I can see you not understanding tanking at the least, because you think a DPS head would prefer a squishy fat fragile D.Va to a ludicrously high damage potential hero like Zara, who truly is the DPS in tank disguise. D.Va shines in peeling and murdering or saving back lines as well in eating ults and burst shots, but she is just garbage in DPS compared to even Hammond, that at least has more range, more consistent damage and even more mobility.

Wait why i hate this game?

I think most of the naysayers to the 2/2/2 queue that are bemoaning removal of their “flexibility” are either A) high ranked players, who make meaningful switches to the comp that have good impact, or B) are part of the problem we see all of the time in the ladder.

The B players are the ones I see almost every game - we convincingly won the first round, and they switch off a character they were having great impact on to some random crap and we lose. Or - we fail a few pushes, they begin to rage, and switch off Reinhardt on to Reaper. Screw their “flexibility”. It’s exactly the reason why I have very little interest in playing solo ladder comp.

1 Like

There is enough counter play at all roles, You do not need widow to deal with Pharah. I shoot her (and Mercy) out of the sky as Ana all the time, if I’ve got a Dva helping out that makes the job even easier. It really only typically takes killing mercy/pharah a couple of times before they give up and swap.

In your situation the one trick DPS playing niche picks would either find ways to be effective or de rank due to role based SR and their team constantly carrying them.

you told us you stopped playing the game, that really doesn’t matter, just the facts please

you don’t need to tell us that you disliked it so much that you quit playing. just tell us you dislike it and leave it at that

lol…

1 Like

I care. I don’t think you should tell people that nobody cares about them.

if there’s role queue comp would be more enjoyable. and it’ll get rid of 3-3 or 6 dps comp in low ranks lol

Yeah, I’m pretty excited to see what they’ve done. I know they don’t want to split the player base but with a feature this game-changing I think they might have gone the route of adding role queue as a separate mode - which would explain the significantly longer queue times. I’d be okay with longer queue times if it results in a better experience.

1 Like

same. I know there’s going to be a 30 minute wait for dps , but that will force people to play different roles in the game. Its kinda their fault for putting so many dps in the game. wish they can put another rein in this game, at least 3 more main tanks to keep it fresh.

1 Like

I think people are going to be both surprised and disappointed if and when they release role queue. I think the disparity in skill people are looking for in their tank/dps/support roles isn’t going to be as insane as you might think. If you’re a GM player it’s not just because of your mechanical skill but your overall knowledge of the game and how to play it. If you’re a Silver player you’re not going to all of the sudden be placed into masters on a support role. I can’t imagine there will be more than a 200-300 SR difference in your roles. You’re where you are because of your game sense more than your actual skill.

2-2-2 Forced queue will also probably be a means to an end. Once they enforce this and people realize the problems they encounter in competitive play is more of a people and community issue than an actual game structure issue they are going to be even more upset. It isn’t going to improve your performance or your teammates performances… we can only hope that it somehow makes games more competitive… but if it doesn’t… uh oh

Absolutely true. We’ll see what it looks like when it comes around, but if it reduces the number of people who tilt in the spawn room over team composition, I’ll call it a net win.

How so? Listening to someone shotcall when someone has an ult, or if a skill is on CD requires you to listen to the person calling these things out or communicating these things yourself, lol.

Building a comp that synergizes also helps, but you also need to know what the enemy has and is doing, and position to optimize your teams efforts to Tank/DPS/Support one another so you come out on top.

1 Like

Forcing 2-2-2 is idiotic. It goes completely against what this game is about.

Besides, for the most part i see people making pretty decent comps on their own.

Everyone should learn multiple roles anyway. I guarantee the game is more fun that way!

1 Like

agreed, and let’s get No Limits back into Competitive and OWL while were at it!

sometimes they get the call wrong, so it would have been better to have that person on mute