Hoo boy this is bad (PVE News)

I can’t imagine the PVE crowd is too thrilled about the recent news. How do you all feel about it?

In my opinion, it feels like a complete waste of time putting OW1 on lifeline for 2-3 years of no new content just to get nothing in the end. If anything, this makes OW2 feel like a glorified monetization update with battle passes…

123 Likes

They basically just told me they are scrapping the only thing I was really looking forward to in this game.

90 Likes

What news about PVE? I’m still excited

2 Likes

this company doesn’t deserve anything anymore

42 Likes

The short version is they completely scrapped the hero missions/talent tree progression in favor of small limited time seasonal events and stuff.

14 Likes

I’m so sorry…

4 Likes

That’s unfortunate. I still have faith though. Blizzard has a good history when it comes to PVE gameplay strictly. I only want it to be fun and more importantly have a good story

1 Like

the silence was concerning, I can’t say I’m too surprised considering how little we’d seen since the last PvE update. I was never that interested in the first place since PvE isn’t why I play overwatch but it’s for sure a huge bummer for those that did.

4 Likes

I didn’t expect the skills to get scrapped entirely but I didn’t expect there to be any depth either.

As I said many times - glorified archives missions.

11 Likes

for sure. I don’t think they were ever going to have any lasting impact on the game, I feel they were gonna be a one and done type thing like every other PvE mission we’ve had in the past

1 Like

i knew this would happen. short term $$ access to money is more favorable then making a game for 5 years or more with no possible revenue. its a triple A company and this is the way it is. i mean if it works it works

Yeah but like, the whole point of pve was to have new abilities for your heroes so they could fit pve and make it less boring and repetitive

now we will still have heroes that suck at PvE and it will become boring quite fast. Like, what is the impact of widow´s ult on PvE? hero skill trees was their chance to fix that

2 Likes

PvE Players deserve so much better. I am so ****ing sick of being kicked to the side or being hyped up for years only for it to be ****ing nothing. What a complete waste this game is.

15 Likes

honestly? i expected it, it was way too obvious something was up.
this whole overwatch 2 thing was just a marketing trick, a relaunch to get more suckers too buy overpriced skins while waiting for the “real” sequel.
this isn’t even overwatch 1.5, it’s just overwatch 1 with a new mtx scheme.

honestly tho, i feel pretty vindicated, all the months with people calling me doomer paid off

15 Likes

Skills is what most of the players were waiting for. Yeah, this is bad.

1 Like

I highly doubt widow will even be a playable hero. These are supposed story missions. Not every hero will be available on each mission. Of widow is playable at some point then I can guarantee you it will be on a map that favors her hero

You do hate to see the doomers win, vindicated but not happy about it I hope

2 Likes

I was honestly looking forward to that aspect. Shame, it would have been a cool alternative gamemode addition as well.

It’s taken an incredibly long time for them to figure it out, but I think they should never have put so much emphasis on PvE, and what they’re doing now seems like the right balance. Overwatch is a PvP game.

Still, its a massive disappointment for those who were looking forward to the PVE side of things, especially after 6 years.

It feels like more of a slap in the face when OW2 just feels like a glorified battle pass update

2 Likes