Hoo boy this is bad (PVE News)

for sure. I don’t think they were ever going to have any lasting impact on the game, I feel they were gonna be a one and done type thing like every other PvE mission we’ve had in the past

1 Like

i knew this would happen. short term $$ access to money is more favorable then making a game for 5 years or more with no possible revenue. its a triple A company and this is the way it is. i mean if it works it works

Yeah but like, the whole point of pve was to have new abilities for your heroes so they could fit pve and make it less boring and repetitive

now we will still have heroes that suck at PvE and it will become boring quite fast. Like, what is the impact of widow´s ult on PvE? hero skill trees was their chance to fix that

2 Likes

PvE Players deserve so much better. I am so ****ing sick of being kicked to the side or being hyped up for years only for it to be ****ing nothing. What a complete waste this game is.

15 Likes

honestly? i expected it, it was way too obvious something was up.
this whole overwatch 2 thing was just a marketing trick, a relaunch to get more suckers too buy overpriced skins while waiting for the “real” sequel.
this isn’t even overwatch 1.5, it’s just overwatch 1 with a new mtx scheme.

honestly tho, i feel pretty vindicated, all the months with people calling me doomer paid off

15 Likes

Skills is what most of the players were waiting for. Yeah, this is bad.

1 Like

I highly doubt widow will even be a playable hero. These are supposed story missions. Not every hero will be available on each mission. Of widow is playable at some point then I can guarantee you it will be on a map that favors her hero

You do hate to see the doomers win, vindicated but not happy about it I hope

2 Likes

I was honestly looking forward to that aspect. Shame, it would have been a cool alternative gamemode addition as well.

It’s taken an incredibly long time for them to figure it out, but I think they should never have put so much emphasis on PvE, and what they’re doing now seems like the right balance. Overwatch is a PvP game.

Still, its a massive disappointment for those who were looking forward to the PVE side of things, especially after 6 years.

It feels like more of a slap in the face when OW2 just feels like a glorified battle pass update

2 Likes

The point of the PvE is telling more about OW story, and that means all heroes. Widow will surely be playable and the point stands

The map favoring her doesn´t mean that her ult has any purpose against bots, and other heroes ults as well

Some heroes entire kits suck at a PvE scenario and that´s why we had skill trees to fix it

3 Likes

Surely we should all know by now that when Blizzard is silent about something it almost always means bad news.

Just so you aware. Not only is it limited and seasonal. It is battlepass related instead of a one time purchase as the idea originally sold.

4 Likes

had… had a good history. The Activision greed has taken full hold.

OW2 has been live for 7 months and they’ve never said anything concrete about PvE. I think people have been kidding themselves if they didn’t expect something like this already.

They aren’t even capable of that quality anymore do you see the recent events.

People in workshop make better events

Also i prophecised it

Remember everyone…“F2P means we will have more content” :clown_face:

5 Likes

But yet they’ve had clear development for the game for the past few years. Theres a reason Overwatch 1 nearly died when nothing happened from 2018 to…well, nowish I guess.

It just stings when there is clearly elements that have already been established. It feels like a cheap rug pull throwing all those resources away again (Looking at you, Titan)

2 Likes

Terrible.

I feel lied and cheated. 4 years i’ve been looking forward to play hero missions freely. I wanted to just chill with a character i liked in a highly repetitive gamemode, and now i got stripped by it.

Why exactly am i supposed to play this game again? They took everything i liked… events are gone, farming skins is gone, pve is gone.

I might do like kaplan and cut the bridge that connects me and this game.

9 Likes