Holy cow Doomfist is viable now

Plus multiple bug fixes. The Meteor Strike buff is okay but that Shield buff. That specific buff has been asked for by so many people. Whether it was as 35 or 40 shields, it pretty much popped up on every single buff thread for him, and now y’all got it.

In my opinion there are 2 more buffs that would be fair, a small damage buff to Meteor Strike and increasing the max shields. But they are not high priority. He’s gonna be viable now, you did it Doomfist mains.

13 Likes

My entire life has lead up to this moment

2 Likes

is this real life???

1 Like

He already was viable. Has a higher pickrate than a lot of dps in higher ranks.

23 Likes

More like is this a dream?!

1 Like

I wouldn’t say completely viable but he is definitely better. He shouldn’t be completely meta. He shouldn’t be able to played everywhere.

Fail buffs make it take longer before he gets actual buffs.

3 Likes

This exactly. Doomfist has a higher pickrate than Sombra, Reaper and Pharah in Grandmaster. He’s a 3-star hero that has a specific skillset and skill requirement. I’m not sure if he needed this or any buffs to be perfectly honest. He’s not meant to be easy to play, and very evidently, people who know how to play him play him well.

8 Likes

This is why we need gm balance ONLY.
Balancing for golds doesn’t make sense.

4 Likes

Please no Bastion is countered hard already we don’t need another oneshot.

6 Likes

Once the prior commitment of the Torb rework is done Bastion and Sombra should be first in line for attention

1 Like

You can still do a standard jump over his Rocket Punch. Happened to me this morning after patch and I got a clip of it. Reinhardt jumped and I passed underneath him and it got me killed

1 Like

Good if this indeed the case, but i would not celebrate yet, Blizzard has a track record of fixing one problem and creating another.

2 Likes

Even though it’s taken a long time, slowly buffing Doomfist has ensured that he doesn’t spiral out of control. These are only small buffs but those extra shields are extremely helpful and the Meteorstrike buff means that both it’s offensive and defensive uses are much higher. Much easier to kill that Zen or Ana now.

1 Like

I mean, any more damage on meteor strike and it’ll be a guaranteed kill. Right now, it’s maybe 80-90% chance on slow and squishy targets with basically no counterplay from the squishy.

As for shields, a GM/Master’s level doomfist is basically an unstoppable assassin. He dives from half-way across the map and stunlock+combo kills you and you have 0–ZERO–ability to counterplay it by yourself for most backline squishies. You get the one headshot opportunity (which does not kill the doomfist unless you are Widow and even then odds are you can’t make it a full-charge headshot). The only thing that keeps the doomfist in check is that he gets the 1 guaranteed kill and then dies. And even then, good ones can still sometimes dive in solo and still get out of the backline. Any more HP to his shields and it’ll be ridiculous.

Any further buffs to doomfist must only be buffs for low skill players.

8 Likes

Sigh

Gonna miss never really seeing him played, r.i.p. my fun factor

4 Likes

well, almost every dps is garbage in current meta against barriers and armor, might aswell become meta for doomfist.

1 Like

No need to buff Meteor Strikes damage what it needs is increase down speed and width (not the killzone but the outer edges width).

4 Likes

Completely agree. Balance should only be for gm. It maybe elitist but atleast it’s right.

Yeah, from my perspective I have a pretty rough time as a diamond Widow. But those rare days where I just human aimbot everything in sight… it isn’t pretty. Not that I feel bad for the enemies, but I definitely understand why my diamond level Widow is where it has to be the rest of the time.