HLC and Paris are removed from QP!

Pfft now the chances of getting kings row is 1/19 instead of 1/21 AND the worst maps are gone

1 Like

because it would have been removed anyway in ow2
there are fans of the maps who dont say anything
it doesnt look good to remove stuff

i hope havana is the next hated map lol. i honestly prefer horizon to sniper central.

Any ideas what the ā€˜related modesā€™ are, specifically? Is it every game mode that theyā€™ve been removed from? Is there a list of modes somewhere?

Also, not stoked. Maybe they werenā€™t the best maps, but they were maps nonetheless. Really sad that people are cheering when content is removed.

Anubis. Itā€™s practically Paris.

quickplay classic, and all the other arcade modes; im assuming its not the Deathmatch maps and workshop modes

1 Like

Me looking at Eichenwalde now having 1/19 chance: Today is a good day

2 Likes

Probably all arcade modes that involve the full map, since Paris is a DM map as well.

Well damn, so long as they keep it in the Vs AI map pool, then I guess Iā€™m okay with it. Just seems super lame to remove content instead of adding more.

Iā€™m playing DM Bountyhunter, so far (5 games) no Paris.

So long for the beautiful state from france and Lunaā€™s Cabaretā€¦ :cry: HLC is foreign anyways but it means: NO MORE TELESCOPE QUOTES :cry:

2 Likes

This!

Hereā€™s my hottake: Both Havana and Ilios are far worse maps then Paris, due to how 1 dimensional they are. Also Havana 3rd is the most poorly designed map section Iā€™ve ever played in a competitive shooter.

At this point, why donā€™t we just remove all maps entirely and make the game a Deathmatch between Widowmakers?

What? This isnā€™t what you want?

Uh. Well too bad.

1 Like

Havanaā€™s a pretty easy fix. Slap some bulletproof glass on high ground and your set.

oh looky, the snowflakes got their way again.

:cloud_with_snow: :cloud_with_snow: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowman_with_snow:

1 Like

a true lesson in ā€œbe careful what you wish forā€

Ding dont the witch is dead, which old witch? The wicked witch!

1 Like

The Simpsons scene where Homer sings that was the first thing to come to mind when I saw that the maps had been removed.

I feel blessed.

1 Like

Paris is a walking simulator.

• Attackers start by leaving spawn and walking through a pointless area leading up to a single chokepoint defended by the entire enemy team sitting with a height advantage.
  • There are decently-tall buildings yet no verticality in the map design.
  • The ā€œflankingā€ routes leading to the first CP all require you to traverse the main chokepoint, and the entire left route is pretty much open catwalk space that will take you more time to get to the point as well as get you killed due to lack of cover and the fact that the entire enemy team will notice you trying to use the route.
  • The CP, as usual, basically requires a single teamfight win by the attackers, and then the attacking team gets to walk through a HUGE middle part of the map that serves no purpose because thereā€™s no reason to fight there; you spend all your time walking.
  • Then the final CP: multiple ways to attack but the defender spawns are like 10m from the CP. Again, winning a single teamfight will often win the map, except when the defenders manage to stall for ridiculous amounts of time due to the spawn locations.

tl:dr
You basically fight in 3 poorly-designed spots on the map and spend the rest of the time walking through all the wasted space. Itā€™s like the map was designed by someone that didnā€™t know what game it was intended for.

I played TF2 for years and we had no shortage of maps to test and critique due to players having modding tools: the good ones became popular and the bad ones were dropped. If a huge portion of your playerbase tells you the map sucks, and you also have data showing that the map consistently sees an aberrant number of leavers, then the map does in fact suck.

6 Likes