Hitscans need nerfs

To add, FTH is never used by pros, and they also use his ult as a quick reload.

He’s also had the second lowest pickrate in the OWL.

For no reason??? Uh, maybe because he sucked???

1 Like

Yeah playing mccree was an awful experience before. Now at least when something attacks you and you dont have flashbang you have “fighting” chance

1 Like

It helps everyone just as much but sure.

High Precision mouse input

I’m not sure I feel a difference with it on.

It is under the Gameplay tab.

I haven’t tried it and i still don’t understand what it does.

You are over-exaggerating. Seriously, the difference is not that big as you think. It is a clear improvement, but it may be within statistical error.

Basically, it’s how often your looking direction is updated when you move your mouse. 1000 times per second with a proper mouse, vs framerate bound before. Sounds huge, hard to notice in reality. Also, it only applies to times when you press and release button, according to them, So only your first shot in a auto-fire, or every shot if you are Widow, McCree, other semi-auto or bolt-action weapon user.

It updates faster but how is that supposed to help with no noticable effect?

I do not want hitscan nerfed on console because of a high precision setting on PC. Widow is the only viable hitscan (if we are still pretending Ashe sucks) regardless. So, like, nah.

1 Like

It can be more precise in some situations. Imagine a very fast movement, 100 degrees turn around, done in 0.1 second, with a shot in the middle of it. Before you would have, with 60 FPS, 6 marks on that one. That is one every 16,67 degrees. With 1000 hz it’s one every degree. So, it can more precisely determine exact movement you made and where exactly you gun should be looking when you press your mouse button down. Now, that example is unrealistic, no one aims in motions like that.

So they basically made flicking better?

Very slightly, if you have a 1000 hz mouse. And not better, but more precise. It is now more accurate to what you did, whether it’s miss or hit.

Ah i see, i’m going to try it as soon as i’m home, hopefully it’s great.

As long it doesn’t affect imput time.

So in short with heroes that flick you are not limited by the framerate of your gpu/display but rather the polling rate on your mouse.

It really doesn’t feel that different, other than I was playing at 500 before and now at 1000 my razer mouse/software has some issues.

Hanzo isn’t a hitscan

YES NERF WIDOW PLEASE!

McCree just needs flashbang fixed.

1 Like

For people wondering how the mouse thing works, pretty sure its only useful if you have low framerate. Basically your framerate won’t cause input lag anymore. You can fire in between rendered frames. So if you’re getting like 180 frames or wtv it basically means nothing. Even if you’re monitor is 60hz and you’re rendering 140 fps it makes little difference

Hitscan main here with the whole stupid package: 165hz monitor, phat rig, 1000hz mouse. I can honestly not tell the difference with this new mouse setting enabled, maybe I’m just slow.

I really appreciate that they implement such things though so kudos for that.

he has like
flash
lol

yes nerf hitsscans and doomfist, but leave orisa, shes perfectly balanced!

its ok, you don’t get it. dont stress your mind about it