Hit markers are Absurd

Blizzard can we have a custom option to either Change the color of the hit markers or completely remove it, It is glaringly annoying as you shoot someone it obstructs you view of the target. Esp as a Tracer who shoots fast and gets lots of hit markers. Just the sound alone can give us indication that we are hitting our target. Headshot sounds are already but the constant pinging and giant Red X in the middle of my screen in enough to give me an aneurysm. If sometimes in the near future you can make it possible to lower the scale or remove it completely that would be awesome. Obstructing the view of the target is not something that should be in an “FPS” game. Further more I would like to say that it overtakes your crosshair and you kind of need that for a shooter game. TY

4 Likes

I hate that hitting the dynamite gives you a hitmarker. It is like, yes, I can see that it exploded. I am trying to check corners, not check if I shot my own dynamite.

Well the issue is esp on high fire rate targets it just obstructs the view of your crosshairs and completely takes over it. I get it some people play with a small dot but I kind of need my crosshair to know what point i’m shooting at.

“Hit markers make the game unplayable”

3 Likes

That’s not what i’m saying at all but you can say what you want, It’s just a quality of life. Just like customizing your crosshairs. Battlefield did it. why can’t overwatch do it?

1 Like

Chill, I was screwing around

Bumping this because although blizzard made the hit markers smaller, NOT ALL OF US WANTED THAT. Just give us an option to CHOOSE our hitmarkers’ existence and size! It’s so simple, I don’t know how you guys screwed this up.

1 Like

can you like not bump a thread from a year ago?

:penguin:

The reason I’m bumping it is because in the new update hitmarkers have been made tiny as heck (at least for me). So I’m letting blizzard know that there are people on both sides of this debate, and that if they want to satisfy their players, they will add a customizable option so we can choose.

1 Like

Also I don’t know why this upsets you when the conversation is still relevant. Would make sense for you to be annoyed if it were a balance thread or something, but this is an issue that hasn’t been even addressed for a year. So yeah, I think it’s actually pretty valid for me to bump this thread. If nothing else, it shows how long it takes them to make even the smallest improvement to their game. Therefore, instead of blaming me for bumping a thread that’s a year old, blame blizzard for letting this problem fester for over a year.

1 Like

You know what does annoy me? Getting two replies in a row talking about the same thing. I’m going to mute this now.

Okay, that’s fine? Believe it or not, there are other people on this forum who I am trying to address…

I don’t get why hit markers upset you, but oh well.

They probably saw the title and went “Not worth it”. Besides, we get so many forum posts anyway.

1 Like

Thanks, now you’re stalking me on other posts because I didn’t like the fact you replied to me twice. Why would you even bother stalking me?

I’m just letting you know bumping / necroing is actually against the forum rules.

" Don’t “bump” posts.

The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping very old threads for no reason (called “necro bumping” or “necroing”). Users who are found to be bumping posts will be subject to forum account suspension and post removal."

While I agree this is a discussion that should be had, I just wanted to let you know for future reference.

Good to know. I’m hoping the blizzard mods will understand my logic, but I appreciate the heads up in case they don’t.

Lol yes, clicking on your profile is stalking. I wouldn’t have said anything if it was just me, but every other forum post I saw was you just shotting on other people’s posts. If you don’t want to see constructive criticism, you shouldn’t be on the forums LOL

Unfortunately a very fair response

If the only thread on the topic is months old or older, you are better off starting a new thread so people can share their current thoughts.
People’s opinions do change over time. And some people are not even around after a few months to reply.