Higher skillcap mercy?

too complicated to code? most of this is already there with diferent settings. the only diference is heal rates and recharch rates and recharge delays. would it really be that difficult?

Mercy doesn’t need to be more mechanically skillful. One of the major draws of her character is that she is a little more simple to play. Skill isn’t always measurable, also. A lot of people choose her over other healers because she is a bit easier to play. I don’t think this needs to change. There are other healers that take more mechanical skill that could be played instead.

I’m all for changes but if the intent of them is to make her more “skillful” then I don’t think it’s the right call.

3 Likes

I am all for raising her skill ceiling once again to make her more strategic like she was before the rework.

Rez as ultimate is alright and I agree with the LoS and even a casttime but making it a 4 second cast is basically throwing the ult away. Lucio has a short animation of 0.6 seconds I think before activating his ultimate and you can already stun him out of it. So giving Mercy such a long casttime makes the ultimate pretty much useless.

Arceus already gave you a link to Titaniums thread so I am not going to post it again. Would be nice if you have the time reading the suggestion in it and leaving your thoughts about it in the thread. :slight_smile:

The rework didnt raise her skill floor at all it just dropped her skill ceiling down to almost the same level as her skill floor. Which is also a reason why many former Mercy mains dont like the rework.

Well we dont have to change the base kit of healing/boosting and flying. Just with a more bursty and strategic ultimate she would reward good gamesense and timing again which she doesnt right now. So increasing her skill ceiling once again doesnt mean we have to increase her skill floor as well.
Having a beginner friendly hero with depth to it would be the ideal outcome to me. :smiley:

3 Likes

TF were you smoking and where can I get some. This would make Rez one of the most useless ults in the entire game if not the most useless. 4 seconds, in LoS, of DEAD teammates. The enemy team just got do killing them and I’m sure that unless you are strictly single Rezing behind your own teams shield you WILL DIE. Not to mention that depending on how the died there could be someone on you at the first mention of “heroes never die” whether or not you are behind a shield.
And if you Rez a teammate that was say behind the enemy team (thats the only thing is can see this being used for) you probably just fed that poor soul to the enemy team.

This would make Mercy a higher skill cap hero but also make her clunky and would negate her role as an entry level hero

Having the same cool down as current Rez is a bit much, I would rather on have 5 or 6 seconds or maybe even less for a cool down shorter than 15 or 20 seconds.

Overall nearly everything you have put forward would raise Mercy skill ceiling but would make her one of the least forgiving characters in the game and one of the harder ones to get value out of. As Blizzard has stated, Mercy is an entry level hero that is meant to bring in players who are not familiar with FPS and this is not the type of hero they would be comfortable playing.

1 Like

i never said everything i mentioned was balanced, but line of sight might not mean exposed to the enemy. also my intent here would nog actuallg be to rez the whole team after they die. a retroactive “save the team” ult should take longer than others i think. 4 might be too long but i say at least 2 seconds. i only said 4 because you can get res with tanks help and depending on the fight, and with my suggestion res would have range again so it can be used from cover. im not even considering full team reses because thats not possible other than bronze probably.

A version of Mercy that’s heavily immersed in strategy and high-stakes decision-making is exactly what Mercy mains want. I’ve mained Mercy since season one, so let’s see what you got. :grinning:

A four second cast time would get Mercy killed anytime she tried to use her ult. I’d reccomend a shorter cast time that’s closer to Reinhardt’s earthshatter cast time, which is 0.6 seconds. It’s short enough to use in the middle of a fight, but long enough that the caster has to be careful about about their positioning when doing so. Using shatter in front of anyone with a stun is just begging to lose your ult.

The line of sight liminations sounds good.

The armor sounds like overkill. Assuming Mercy isn’t rooted during her cast, anyone who’s mastered the bunnyhop should be able to use it to GTFO of the killzone after using rez.

Moira, is that you? :rofl:

But seriously, while the idea is neat, it erases Mercy’s “heal style” of a consistent autolock beam. The consistent hps autolock is very important to Mercy’s playstyle: she keeps her head on a swivel, watching out for danger (and people in need of healing) in a 360 degree radius, and using that heightened awareness to make callouts for her team. She can only do this if her beam is a “set and forget” ability.

Part of Mercy 1.0’s woes was that the SR system didn’t know how to calculate Mercy’s SR correctly. The only stats Mercy has any real control over is her rez count and healing, and that lead to the SR system putting too much importance on the former.

In order to avoid another “SR exploit” crisis with mass rez back in the fray, Mercy’s E ability would need to bring new stats to the table. As much as some might want to keep Valkyrie in mercy’s kit, mobility on Mercy’s E isn’t a realistic option.

it doesnt matter if you think los MIGHT not mean being exposed but it will at some point in time. this rez I see is just going to be for tempo rezing (which it should be) but it put you in far more damage than necessary. see you are behind reins shield for 4 seconds to rez. that is enough time for a Widow to get and angle to hit you, and pharah to shot some well placed rockets, a D.va, Winston, Hammond, Genji, Tracer, Doomfist, and any quick reaction frontline DPS or even slower tanks like Rein to come up and take you down.
People complain that the first Mass Rez had no counter play but this Rez will have to much to counter it and ANY ability that takes more than 3 seconds to cast is useless. Let alone the in the current extremely quick meta, that abilities that take longer than 1.5 seconds that arent oneshots are also useless.

This is your problem. If you haven’t thought about these changes in the context of what it will be in than how can you say they are worth anything if you have not thought about how to defend and back them up.

She should requirer a higher skill cap, when ive played her i get bored just holding a button and walking around. Every other support has something fun and challenging to do

wether they are worth anything or not doesnt matter because any change can be changed.

i made a new sugestion of. 5 second cast time and 1.5 second (slept) time

Valk and rez on e is what most people dislike about 2.0 as it disrupts mercy’s flow or makes it feel like your doing nothing which is a bad an already super passive hero.