High School D.Va it is then

Man, don’t even try. I tried and that doesn’t work.

It’s really not.

There’s 0 reason anyone should feel uncomfortable by this skin.

That’s like saying “wOw You should “GET” why that 40 year old man doesn’t feel comfortable seeing kids wearing bathing suits at the beach”

No one is going to try and empathize with that. THAT’s wrong.

I don’t think the reason why they made the skin to begin with really matters tbh. And I don’t think they made it for anyone in particular; I just think they know what sells, and they knew it would cause controversy, which is why it’s kinda… in bad taste.

Maybe I’m more disappointed in them trying to hype us up… over… a schoolgirl… cosmetic…

Plus, it doesn’t help knowing that Blizz tries to sell the “diversity” aspect of the game. Maybe if Dva didn’t only get cutesy fan servicey skins it’d be different…

Or if the male heroes in the game received some fanservice skins… like Mcree’s…

3 Likes

I don’t think that’s an accent so much as she’s saying the Koreanization of happy Halloween, which is
"해피 할로윈” (Iirc) which is “haepi halloween” but the w is pronounced more as a “ui”

And you are intentionally being obtuse about it, which is fine, but no one said “kids at the beach in bathing suits is going to be internet breaking” implying there is something special about the normal life thing.

1 Like

That exactly. Like she doesn’t say boosters on, but 부스터 온! [Buseuteo on!] which sounds veeeeery similar.

1 Like

Yeah. I can agree w/ that part.

I’d like to see someone ask him “why” he thought it’d be internet breaking.

I have a hard time believing that they can do much of anything without it being “fan service” based on what I’ve seen on here in last couple of days…

I would really like to hear his response to this, but I am smashing X for doubt that Blizz will respond to anything regarding this patch XD

I just hope for something better than this T.T Eventually, I am hoping Dva will get a skin based on her badassery being a Meka pilot, or another* Mercy being a doctor.

At least no one fetishizes that :sweat_smile:

That is easy.

1. Generate interest in the game.
  2. Create a conflict that will last after the fact, which is still publicity.

It is one of the worlds most popular clothing/costume based fetishes. There are those that will be like you and Baja “who cares its just a uniform,” people like myself that are on the fence because it is a nice skin but the implication is still gross, people that love the skin because it is their fetish, and people that hate it because the fetish grosses them out.

Other skins like this exist, Mei’s Honeydew with the “thicc” fetish, 76s uniform skin, Hanzos suit, etc. But those weren’t called internet breaking skins, even though all of those are fetishes, just not controversial ones.

2 Likes

Well… It’s not a common one anyway :laughing:

That is a solid yikes.

2 Likes

Just keep in mind we have Young Hanzo & Young Genji… even if we don’t necessarily have ninja fetishes, lol.

Also, there’s nothing saying that D.va wasn’t 18 years old in high school nor that she isn’t 18 for the skin, that I’m aware of. All we know is she’s a 19 year old pilot now.

Assuming she’s younger and sexualizing the skin sounds like a “you” problem. And projecting “your” problems on the skin is unnecessary :man_shrugging:t2:

actually its the people pointing out the problem that are the problem, society doesn’t exist, everything happens in a vacuum

3 Likes

My daughter graduated from law school. They never wore uniforms. In fact, I’m not aware of any college or university that has them. This isn’t Hogwarts.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be cool if it was though?

No, he literally posted underage crap that got him banned.

4 Likes

literally READ the description for the skin, she is 19 those clothes will still fit for a few years

This wouldn’t be the first skin that shows a hero as a teenager - McCree was 17 when he was still in the Deadlock gang.

1 Like