High School D.Va it is then

Dva is 19

Students in Korea often graduate at age 19.

Why is it weird if they wanna depict her in what “would be” her current uniform?

Ya’ll reaching for sure.

2 Likes

Idk why people are acting obtuse like they don’t know that adultifying school uniforms is an incredibly common and incredibly gross trope.

4 Likes

The point most people who aren’t drooling over the skin are trying to make is the fact that it’s a schoolgirl outfit isn’t inherently BAD. Would it be OK if we showed her in casual clothes from when she was younger? a lot of OW characters have a “back when” skin, some even going so far as to de-aging the character. I don’t think the decision to show Hana a couple years back is horrendous or intentionally caving to pervs. The outfit isn’t shortened or made unnecessarily cheesecakey, in fact they put workout shorts on her just because they realize people are like that and she’s gonna be flying around. they’ve upped the modesty beyond what it would be in the real world …

Can we just not have certain things because gross people exist?

4 Likes

Considering it was the “internet breaking skin” we are allowed to be grossed out at the implication.

5 Likes

I think this is ultimately what comes down to it. I’m sure it wasn’t necessarily the intention, but making that connection to something that’s really just any other D.Va legendary skin is gonna get people’s brows raising about what makes this one special.

For the record, I never said that this skin shouldn’t have been made or should be pulled or anything to that extent.

I am just speaking on the implications of an “internet breaking skin” being of a minor dressed in a very common sex trope.

Granted, I wish the world operated in such a way that respected girls and didn’t sexualize them, but y’know, the videos depicting it being okay to have sex with minors kinda ruins it.

Edit: Like I said in a different thread, it would be MUCH easier to discuss this off the forums. I can’t say what I really wanna say without being silenced T.T It’d be more succinct.

3 Likes

idk why ya’ll think everyone else is a weirdo who gets a b0n3 everytime they see a girl wearing a bikini or a woman breastfeeding her baby in public… or a school uniform?

stop sexualizing everything??? also??? yourselves??? by being disgusted at something that shouldn’t be disgusting??? stop participating

4 Likes

It’s a Lore skin. People need to get lives.

4 Likes

… and the implication is that they did it for fanservice to cater to pervy people? There’s a lot of fanservice out there that has absolutely nothing to do with blizzard and has taken the schoolgirl thing to a point neither you or I would like to visit even on a gross out field trip.
If we cannot take a character and show them at a certain point (RECENTLY in the universe) with a significant backstory … it kinda feels like we’re mincing around things because we don’t wanna feel Ewwey.

1 Like

I never said you had to feel one way or another, but dismissing why others can be creeped out by it is pretty crappy wither way.

3 Likes

Seriously, no one is referencing ped@bear in lore.

3 Likes

My understanding is that Hana was terribly bad at math and science and was held back several years in elementary school, thus she was still of legal age in high school. Her uniform is fine, its really not a good fan service even.

Given her short showing her working on her Meka, I would said she was terrible at Language and Writing, and excelled more in the sciences.

But I lul’d either way.

Just be glad you did not witness him first hand. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh she was a late bloomer, that’s all. Being mechanically inclined doesn’t mean you are automatically good at math and science, ask any car mechanic :laughing:

1 Like

I mean, she’s pretty fluent in English to the extent that she doesn’t have an accent

Sorry I should clarify…I’m not saying there is no such thing as a high school “fetish” or w/e people want to call it…

Jeff would not have made the internet breaking comment otherwise…they KNOW who’s out there…but I have my doubts that the artists were sitting there thinking “ok…this one is for the pervs out there…here you go!!!”…more likely thinking “hey a cute school outfit that I wore growing up or that I’ve seen in my favorite cartoons”…how old is the average overwatch player anyway? Plus Her lore is that of a teenage game phenom…high school kinda fits…Like yeah there are also a bunch of people that are thinking the “hehehehehehe - wink wink” but they’re the ones taking it there…

Like if I want to REALLY point fingers…I think we have other egregious examples in game

But again I’m more disturbed by the reaction than blizz…

2 Likes

I get why it might be creepy for some. Especially if you are young or female or ever had to wear a uniform or were leered at or ogled by someone for any one of those reasons. My life hasn’t run me over those rocks but I can vaguely imagine. But this is no more feeding that kind of person than the manufacturers of the actual uniforms is.

1 Like

Hope not, he started sharing all sorts of gross NSFW pictures and links on the older forums. He threw plenty of tantrums.

Happy Halloween!