High end system FPS problems

Hey,

I run my game on low graphic settings, to have the best fps and the least amount of inputlag. What really bothers me tho is that my fps cant stay above 140 fps even tho i have a pretty good setup.
I have a 140Hz monitor and i really want my fps to at least consitantly stay over that mark, but sometimes the fps even drops below 90.
Now i know there are many out there that play with much less than that, but I really feel like my PC should be putting out numbers that are much more higher.
I even made my windows optimal for gaming, and optimized all the settings in my Geforce systemcontroll with the help of some tutorials, but the fps stayed the same.

What broght me here tho is the fact that I just tried how my fps would be when i run every graphic setting on maximum with 200% renderscale and 4k, and I got MUCH better fps than i have on low settings.
Is that a known problem or is it fixable?

My specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1800x (Overclocked)
GPU: GeForce RTX 2080ti
16GB RAM

Try removing any Overclock on your CPU and GPU as they tend to not play nice with Overwatch. Also I maintain handy maximizing performance tips in this article here:

1 Like