Hiding your script - With a lot of drawbacks :/

(I don’t actually know if this has been mentioned before so I’m sorry if this is a duplicate)

If you start your gamemode and delete the Workshop script, people can’t actually copy it.

When you access the lobby info and click “Save Settings”, it saves the settings that will be applied next restart, and not the settings of the currently running game instance. This means that if you delete the script, the settings are updated for the next restart and this is what will be copied when “Save Settings” is pressed.

Pros: …basically none…

• People can't take your script without permission... kind of

Cons:

• At the end of every game, you'll have to re-load your script, restart the game and then delete the script again.
  • Still potential for people to copy the script in between reloads.
  • Doesn't really benefit you if you plan on releasing your script publicly.

While this is likely much more effort than what it’s worth and is probably only useful in a handful of cases, I thought it was still worth at least mentioning.

3 Likes

Yes, already has been mentioned here:

My script personally is a mess. It’s so bad that right now, I’m having issues with it, and having to roll-back to an older version that wasn’t buggy, and I’m going to have to add the new stuff back in. People can copy it, I don’t mind, just don’t go taking credit. But, if they do, trying trying to change anything on their own will just lead to headaches.

I mean, I dont personally feel like there is a problem with people copying rooms. If they like it, so what. Just as long as they’re not taking credit for hours and hours of work you did, who cares?