"Hide and rez wasn't a thing"

Honestly if the mercy asks the team to die then the person playing her is bad.
Her job is keeping them alive and if they die by a grav+dragon combo then she can do her job that is making sure they are not dead by bringen them back to live.

Not all mercy players are people that lack attention and want to get potg.
(problably)

I always think thread when someone says Hide n Res was the best thing to do:

1 Like

Hide and rez totally was a widespread thing. There’s some weird gaslighting thing going on where people are trying to downplay how ubiquitous it was but it was wholly ingrained in healer culture at the time.

And I preferred to tempo rez btw

2 Likes

I’ve picked apart the bias and fallacies in that thread so many times already. Why do you continue to copy and paste titanium like a manifesto.

1 Like

Lol, this has yet to happen but okay. If you really can prove this, go ahead. Also, I picked apart the thread so many times, I’ve lost count. To summarise, it’s just a bunch of bad Mercy players claiming to know how to best play mercy when in reality, they just wanted to artificially inflate their SR by abusing the broken SR system at the time.

I’d rather not type out something when I can just quote someone who already did it in a better fashion.

Really? Cause you were in that thread. Right around the time you were going on about how you’re going to stop being a troll.

also time for a reality check. The best mercy’s in the game were the best because they got off mass res. SR exploit or not, that’s what it was.

Stop the denial already. I’ve been over this with you multiple times now.

:eyes: Totally forgot about that. Anyway, I’ll read it but from the looks of things, it doesn’t look like it’s going to be worthwhile.

Nope. Like I said, they were the “best” because they abused such a strategy. Stahp with the denial.

So, the last option is to remove rez.

Of course they abused the strat. It was the meta for that hero. Tempo ressing got you absolutely nowhere, and mercy was otherwise a heal bot when not ressing.

Id be fine with that lol. Blizzard is incapable of balancing Res if they intend on keeping Res on E.

Then they’re not good because if the SR system was fixed earlier, they would’ve dropped like flies. Also, if it isn’t encouraged by the ultimate, it isn’t a problem. Stuff like that, you let the problem fix itself rather than interfering.

This is so false… Tempo ressing is the best strategy for Mercy. Please stop with these lies.

And not surprisingly, a handful of people find old Mercy more enjoyable than the current trash we have.

And yet still mercy was terrible for pro play, because tempo ressing got you nowhere.

It’s the better strategy sure, it’s still bad. So bad it wasn’t worth running in pro play.

Yeah, i’m sure every single one of them have posted in titanium’s thread. Try checking the popular opinion anywhere but these forums.

In pro play, “Hide n Res” got you nowhere as well. Besides, Mercy being F-tier in pro play was mostly because she was only ever used to pocket a Pharah and because other supports were way better than her at the time.

It really isn’t. It wasn’t good in pro play because said tempo res was only ever used to res a pharah.

Any place in mind?

Alot of people confuse hide n rez and taking cover as the same thing. Mercy peeling before an ult barrage is a smart thing. This whole 4+ rez thing did not work well in diamond plus. You just set your team up for another wipe pulling that back then. Hide n rez was done but not as much as people think at the higher tiers. At the lower tiers it payed off because of lack of awareness or care from most teams for the enemy mercy.

3 Likes

Uhm, a lot of mercies actually did. If the player was worth it ofc

Can I post your reply in Titanium’s thread? (the one where you pick apart his “bias” and “fallacious” thread) Perhaps he will see it. You could do it yourself if you want.

Yes, that’s why I didn’t even mention it. Because you’re saying tempo ressing was the better option, and even then tempo ressing was useless.

Yes, they were. And you somehow believe she was good then.

It had a lot more problems then just being used on phara. Go read the article I linked. They link data from winston labs at the time about hero’s and the impact their ultimate’s have, with mercy being way below everyone else.

reddit. any discord overwatch groups. generally just talk to people in the game. The general consensus is usually mercy is boring, but she’s better than she was pre-rework.

No. Me and Titanium will never see eye to eye, and I don’t feel like being falsely flagged.

In pro play because everyone with half a brain knew that Mercy as a whole was garbage at the time. Especially, when pros can’t get dozens more value of a high skill hero like Ana. In ladder play, tempo ressing is extremely gooood. It’s like the Overwatch Gucci. Hide n Res is Louis Vuitton. It may look like Louis Vuitton is better but in reality, Gucci is more popular, better quality and is endorsed by pros like EeveeA.

What? No. I believe she can be balanced with mass Res. She definitely wasn’t good before. I’m just saying that tempo ressing has always been good. Otherwise, new Mercy wouldn’t have been so OP when it was first released.

TL;DR?

Oof. Idk about this. Right now, the forums is dealing with reddit brigading so idk if I really want to poke the hornets nest.

Yeah, I go to these places but the general consensus is that she was slightly more fun before.

D: but if he has never seen your reply, you shouldn’t even be saying that you took his thread apart. Like, what’s the point if he’s never gonna respond? I’m going to be a good friend and fellow shister and do it for you. :slight_smile:

Thank me later boo.

Edit: in case you missed it, I didn’t do it. Well, I did for one minute then deleted it.

Yes, they did. And this is where you want to bring her back.

The problem wasn’t balancing. Yeah mass res had little counter play but even then it was the biggest read and anything but impactful.

Do your own research, might break that bias viewpoint of yours.

lolwut. No, it’s not. Most on reddit stay away from the forums because of how toxic it is.

Actually he did, you can see he even liked one of your comments in that thread, more specifically anyones comments who were arguing with me. But you know, glad to see you’re still trolling. Reporting this comment too.