Hidden Update - Standard Loot Box rates are now directly published in the game

4 Likes

Ah this will definetly help out since you don’t have to go search for this information.

Definetly a nice touch, thanks for letting us know!

1 Like

Yep, sorry got too aggressive with the copy and paste.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it was there for quite a while, one of my friends showed me this about a month ago.

1 Like

Any update on the ExC? (aka bug fixes)

Is the Tourney Canceled?

Just asking if our favorite Support got any new info.

1 Like

Details here: Overwatch Retail Patch Notes - March 23, 2021

3 Likes

Hmm I think this was released a while ago, online of course. Due to some countries restrictions, I think it was Australia but it might of been china. But yeah being an in game feature is a nice change.

Though of all the loot box system Overwatch has always been one of the most generous to players. Too bad they have mostly moved away from loot boxes and focus far more on limited time events and exclusive OWL token skins…

2 Likes

Oh yeah, a lot of this is information we already knew, but we never did confirm if the drop rates were the same country to country. This now proves they are.

1 Like

I don’t believe this, especially when I open event lootboxes and it’s mostly base game dupes.

Then the time I get a legendary in an event lootbox… It’s pirate Torb.

1 Like

Jokes aside…

Currently hope Archive April is going to have more then this month.

it’s… provably true though?
If you get an event box, at least ONE item in it will have the event designation. It might be “old” or be a dupe if you’ve unlocked everything in that rarity (rarity is rolled first) but there’s always one thing from that events pool in every event box.

Pay close attention next time, you will see always at least one will be seasonal. Now remember, the drop rates do NOT adjust based on the current status of your collection. So say you collected all of the commons and rares for both standard and the seasonal event, but you are still missing Legendaries from the standard Loot Box collection, it is very possible (and likely) a legendary drop will be from the standard collection and your seasonal event is a duplicate item because it was drawn as one of the lower ranked items.

2 Likes

Far as I know it’s generally true, though it doesn’t have to be the rare or anything. Most commonly it’s a spray or player icon… Even if they are duplicates cause you have them all it still counts as “one seasonal”.

No, its true. You get at least one seasonal item. Probably a common. Didn’t say it won’t be a dupe as rarity percentages still count. So if you have all the common seasonal items, you probably will get a dup seasonal common item before the unique legendary item

3 Likes

This was likely added because 1. it’s required in China and also 2. new laws in the EU. It’s easier to just globally add this screen than just for a few regions.

This is a weird way to display drop rate, to be honest. I know there’s a pity timer so I suppose it can be hard to come up with more precise numbers.

It really hard to give a good number, it all depends on how to want to phrase it. I guess they are saying that common is 99% because there are boxes that could be all rare and above. I used to know the formula for that, its something like 1/(1/rare% + 1/epic% + 1/leg%), so some odd formula

I could swear I saw this screen when I first started playing, which was fairly recently.

Nice timing… This thing is in game 3 months already…

2 Likes