Hi I just got kicked from a comp game before it started for "connection issues" when there weren't any and lost SR

Comp game was in countdown/pick your character. Got a connection message from the game and kicked to the menu screen. Hitting “A” (Xbone) kept getting me “you must be connected to Xbox live” messages. I quit the game from Xbox menu and started it again. By the time I got back in to the game I had been already kicked from the game and it was over and I lost 50 SR and got banned for 10 minutes. Please fix this. ELO hell is enough without losing 50 SR for no reason at all. I tried [Xbox button, Xbox button, X button] to record a clip as proof, but it apparently doesn’t do that when this happens and all I have is from when Overwatch started up. Please fix this. Please fix this. Please fix this.

Given the fact that you are losing connection to both Overwatch and to the Xbox Live Service (which is two different services), this is very likely an issue with either your home network or your local internet service provider. These steps are good steps to carefully work through to hopefully resolve these issues:

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

also i tried rejoining the game like 10 times, while my teammates nd the opponents watched me doin it. still ur broken sh*t dint work.

Yeah see, I did not lose Xbox Live connection. Overwatch only thought I did. I had to force quit the game then start it up again before it would recognize the Xbox Live connection. My home internet was solid.
I have to force quit the game and start it up again about 60% of the time I turn on my Xbox.