Hey blizz, is it common for people to sleep at gaming companies

during working hours?

so I have been workin in korea the last 1.5 years ( been here 2 years, but my career is now ruined cause I have multiple short stints in a row…I didn’t realize that real working hours were 60 required, 20 unpaid). first job was also only 5 days of vacation, which I find out later was illegal.

But as I sit here at work during lunch hours exhausted from yesterday, I keep thinking about all the horror stories from gaming companies in the US. is it common for people to sleep during working hours at blizzard? In korea, at both companies it was common for maybe 5-10% of the employees to just crash during lunch hour instead of eating lunch, and some people sleep during working hours since the company doesn’t abide by working hours anyway and they know they will have to stay till 10pm.

the only good thing about working in korea is that I have gotten a lot more variety in my projects because there are twice as many of them. I have coded android app, done back-end web, done game dev in Unity, and done iOS development in swift in the last year, as well as gotten to play with augmented reality in Unity, which was pretty fun.

gaming companies also regularly do 60 hr work-weeks right? so I was wondering if they also sleep at work and just work till late.

damn I want to go back to hardware. making digital circuitry on an fpga sure beats coding like a slave month after month. the company doesn’t want you to work overtime when flaws making it to production actually result in a respin of the board