Heroes you have never been a fan of - Literally NEVER

At release of the game, I thought Genji was the most broken character in the game.

Though now I would say Tracer is second and a good doom is 1st ( to be clear he’s not op, but his kit and the way players use him is very hard to play around)

i play a lot of mystery heroes, i usually don’t like getting doomfist mercy or bastion

but more because i am bad with them, i had fun playing any hero so far if i had to pick one, it’s probably bastion

this is all from the perspective of playing the heroes not playing against.

Mei. Everyone hates the instant one shots out of nowhere but slowly freezing to death and accept your fate as an icicle between your eyes while she annoyingly laughs at you is much worse.

Doomfist doesn’t really fit in the game in my opinion since everyone is pretty much FPS-style weapons and he is the only melee, brawler type character.

Pharah is the only character who is in the sky while 99% of the battle is on the ground and can be very hard to kill for the characters with limited range or slow-moving projectiles.

Widowmaker because I don’t think one-shot mechanics are completely fair. Im not 100% on Hanzo because I generally find him easier to deal with since he’s usually more obvious and on the ground rather than hidden on some building somewhere where I can’t see him. Mei also kind of falls under here since you can’t fight back if you get frozen.

Bastion is the only character I think requires almost no skill. Just sit somewhere behind a shield and mow down the other team. Worse when your team is uncoordinated and just keeps running straight at him and dying repeatedly.

Something about Torb, Symmetra, Winston, and Brigitte also doesn’t sit completely right with me.

Hanzo. Simply because his charging shots strain my hand so much.
Having to click and hold every single shot for a while get’s problematic fast.
Maybe you can get used to it.
But when something doesn’t feel healthy from the get-go, I don’t want to do it for hours and hours…

Also, Sym and old Torb.
Because I like kits that take some skill to apply.
Both of them got better in that regard.
But Sym is still so dull and unappealing to me.
Zarya has to work for her 190 DPS. But Sym? Just needs 2 seconds of sanity.
Feels wrong. Even when she’s squishy.
And the rest of her kit feels completely incoherent.
What is she?
Has a beam, remote turrets, a shield-piercing ball, a tele and a global shield.
WUT?

Old Torb had no engaging gameplay whatsoever.
Even when you decided to not babysit your turret 24/7, he had no interesting abilities for my taste, and a very bad reputation.
New Torb is better. But I still do not find any reason to pick him over other heroes.

Doomfist:
OK, that’s a weird one. I just don’t like his character.
And as I play a lot of support,
having a DF in my face with an average team around me that doesn’t give a flying, is just the worst.
So second reason is, that I think it’s unfun to play against him.
So I also don’t wanna play him…

Every other hero, I can see reasons / situations to pick them occasionally,
because they are more “specialized”.
But I feel like Sym and Torb are still all over the place with their kits.

Torbjorn.

Never liked his design or his turret-centric kit.

Nothing against him, it just doesn’t resonate with me at all and there’s never been a spark where I’ve wanted to play him.

Doomfist.
But not for the reasons everyone else has.
I STILL believe he would have made a better tank than dps. He could have been the ultimate peeler and set up tank for dps players.
But what we have instead is… well… I don’t know.

I get the devs wanted to make a street fighter hero in an fps game, but this is one of those things that looks good on paper but doesn’t translate well into the game.

I REALLY dont like playing Hanzo. All of his voicelines are pretentious as hell and every kill I get with him sounds super cheap, even if it wasnt.

That’s how I feel about him. He’s fun to play but I wonder what else he could have been.

I think I saw footage of him being able to rip a piece of rubble from the ground and throw it at enemies. That would have been awesome! Imagine your healer gets bounced on, so you throw a boulder at them pushing them away to save your healers life.

God. Imagine being pelted by a piece of concrete from across the map LMAO.

1 Like

Doomfist.
Doomfist was badly designed from day one and will never be balanced.

He was made because people were annoying blizz to make him playable. He should’ve been a secondary character like Max or Sanjay(and I hope they keep being that way). Keep some of them as secondary characters, dang it.

Dude! Was that you I played with earlier today, in Training vs AI?

There was a guy named same as you, also lvl 89. Anyway… they added me so I’m pretty sure it’s you.

Yeah I recognised your name from the forums!

1 Like

Well now you can see I’m serious when I say I only take it easy on OW these days. Haven’t touched my main since July-August.

I will never EVER play Moira, Symmetra, and Genji

Their all cheese and their playstyles disgust me

Tracer. I always hated her personality, hate fighting her, hate playing her, hate the way the story is caring out her character, hate her in game interactions.

The only good solution for her would be if her chrono accelerator was destroyed and she had to pass the rest of her life in a time sealed chamber while Sombra and Widow laughed at her

1 Like

Back when OW first came out, I was forced to play lots of Mercy because she was the “main” healer at the time.
I hated Mercy, but she was effective. But I simply HATED her. She was (and still is) so damn boring.
As soon as Ana was introduced, I dropped her like a bad habit. I didn’t even play her during the Mercy-rez metas. The pre and post reworks. If I had to heal in a game, I would always choose Ana, even if my team berated me for it. I didn’t care. Not playing that boring hero.

bastion - I cant stand the hide in a corner, and just how derpy a hero he is

^ Pretty much this.

Going off that, I guess mine would be Genji. It’s like … I don’t hate the hero or anything, but my thought process is always like … everything he can do, I can personally do better on another hero.

Flanking to kill supports and/or annoying the enemy team with a mobile hero? Better off using Tracer.

Need a team wiping ultimate to help secure the point? Better off with Junkrat or Reaper.

Like yeah, my brain just doesn’t Genji. Doomfist is also an honorable mention.