Hero Pools Update – June 8

Good news everyone!

2 Likes

At this point, I believe y’all are trying too hard at keeping Hero Pools in the game. You should just remove them entirely or go with a different iteration.

As I said in the threads before, the only way this will be tolerable, is if the players themselves choose which heroes are banned for OWL only. You could keep that system for tournament bracket play, where different strategies would be ideal and more entertaining to watch.

Each team can choose to ban 2 heroes maximum. With that, they can only ban 1 hero per role. This alone, changes the meta per map and match and accomplishes the mission of preventing a stale meta from viewer and player perspective.

1 Like

Then comment with that one.

It’s banned.

1 Like

Thank you for the communication! We really appreciate it! Please keep it up :blush:!

As usual, thank you for taking the time to post your plans and thoughts on the game, it’s always appreciated.

I’m like so relieved that you’re not on the balancing team…

3 Likes

“2-2-2 please!”

• DF, Bastion, Genji, Soldier, Symmetra, Echo

Can’t wait!

Also: Can’t wait for CC-resistant Doomfist

Lol

1 Like

Absurd

Interesting but potentially busted

dafuq

100% this

Already happening

Hell no. Open queue is coming in parallel, which is a great thing. That’s more than enough about it

I mean, yhea, but it’s done when it’s done

You don’t want that. neither for the technical issues nor for the game balance.

1 Like

That’s a pretty reasonable implementation.

Congrats.

Now wonder if they are going to give forewarning on the next month’s hero pools.

No
No

Characters…

1 Like

Could we try some type of hero ban system like that Korean Overwatch Apex Tournament thing did?

No, because it wasn’t a real system.

They had a gentleman’s agreement on what comps to run. Otherwise it would have been some variation on GOATs the whole time.

YES PLEASE!

that belongs in csgo or some similar type fps, not in overwatch. this game is all about flash and mobility its not a strategic shooter

5 Likes

Well, so many high levelplayers were looking forward to them returning that this is depressing.

Ok, can you guys look for soldier 76 now?

Any news on a potentially more serious no 2-2-2 version or implementation of comp? :eyes:

Also #MakeSoldierGreatAgain

BIG W THANK YOU SO MUCH

now remove hero pools from OWL :slight_smile:

1 Like