Cons:
Longer queue times
Forced meta
Flaming increase
Lack of hero pool already
Will turn players away
Reduces tank and supports players even further
Will heavily affect lower ranks
Will make smurfing harder to detect so will make soft throwing slightly easier in lower ranks
Pros:
Changes meta
Gets rid of otp
Will be great for flex players

Anything to add? Did I miss anything?

Just what the game really needs isn’t it. :frowning:

Yeah, but remove instead of add as they are already a thing and horribly misrepresents.

Depends, if people like me actually go back to tanking, queue times go down.

Could go either way week to week.

Forcing a meta, would be only leaving 1 possible comp, which might happen 1 week, then just removing 1 the week after.

It’s already a thing and you fail to say how it would increase, in a way that already isn’t a thing, as in a new way, not just saying worse or crap like that. Tanks already get it for doing anything really.

Dumb point.

Agreed, but to be fair you list this in a pro below, so I am not sure of your point.

Wait you mean me being able to not get stuck as orisa if I go back to comp is limiting me more, who woulda known.

Why lower ranks more than other ranks? It will shake up all ranks the same really.

At this point I think you are just adding things to make the list look bigger, It’s easy to tell a M+, mechanically and game sense wise in lower games, like you don’t even understand your own points.

I guess it might, it depends on what in the pool.

Wouldn’t say this is 100% a pro, but the devs have made it clear for years that they don’t consider people who are going against their intention for decisions.

Really the only good point here, that isn’t just problems we already have, or being overly dramatic or nonsense.

It’s but just flex players, I love to tank and heal, but suffer from all your con’s and more already, so I stopped playing comp, this change will at least let me deal with all these things you list but not stuck on the same hero or 2 for 6+ months.

Okay then let me explain.
By reducing the tank and support players, dps players will get an increase of queue time because of it. By forcing the meta it doesn’t sort the underlining issue that the devs are as regular with balance anyways, so what more of a way to not fix the game by forcing a meta and not balancing the game. The flame will increase by a lot because people who don’t flex may have to play a hero they don’t play well as say their main. It’ll affect the lowers a bit more as they don’t tend to flex as per say a GM player. Now the smurf part, think about it you can easily soft throw now because the hero that you “usually play” has been banned and you’re not very good at the others. And I do understand my own points otherwise I wouldn’t of made them hello?

So, player rates are going down already.

Blizzard wouldn’t be looking to do something if it wasn’t necessary, their options are to do nothing or try something. The nothing clearly wasn’t working so whats left is trying something.

Numbers will go down regardless, it’s just a matter of what players they wanna keep, the 1 tricks or the people who wanna play all sorts of stuff.

Also DPS (primarily, not completely), have been so many of say, a tank or healers problems, over the years they can figure their own problems out, many of them have no right to even look for our support in fixing their problems.

They are doing both at the same time to achieve that goal, also, removing a meta is the opposite of forcing a meta, and changing things at a rate to which a meta can’t setting is again, the opposite of forcing a meta.

Pending they keep up on what they said they would do.

That sounds like their own personal problem, after 4 years if someone can’t play 2-3 heroes, that is them.

I can play 15-ish to my rank (depending on how badly my arms hurt), with crap arms that scream in pain, any reasonable person can do 3-4.

also;

So yeah, it’s a them problem, don’t try to make it a normal person problem.

It’s not a valid point for this list. It’s making a persons, personal failings, other peoples problems.

I can’t intentionally hit my hand with a hammer, hard, at work, then act surprised when my boss is mad I am move slow.

Thats just the same thing as before, since you can even do this on your main, but trying to act like it will be a system you don’t like.

People can just literally soft throw on their main regardless of their system, and if it’s not on purpose that is that persons personal failings.

If you can do something just fine before hero pool, or put no effort into making yourself an asset to your team, it’s a personal problem.

So you understand that half your list is trying to make people own personal failings, other peoples problems?

Like just go back to the old forums and see the years were tanks and healers basically asked people to work with them at least a bit, why should we care about DPS queue times now after years of crap and them being a good part of why the numbers are lower.

and why would anyone design a game to be played a certain way, have the people playing as intended beg for help, then choose the people going against everything else?

basically all your list isn’t points. it’s just inventing reasons to work against something you don’t want.

This is the only con I see as viable. The rest are assumptions.

Lemme just ask: How?

Except when Mei and Reaper are banned. But no. 1 tank is banned so no one can play tank anymore. And when Doom is banned. No but 1 support is banned so it’s not fun any more.

Also again. Please elaborate on your reasoning.

1 Like

One tricks are not going anywhere and this change definitely hurts flex players more than average players as you are limiting their pool substantially. Most people will not even be effected week by week.

If they’re targeting either popular or meta heroes, that would include dps heroes. While we don’t have anything concrete, the general belief seems to be the banning of 1 tank, 1 support, and 2 dps, thereby limiting a lot more dps players than tanks and healers.

As a result, the queue times will either be the same or less, assuming this is what they will do.