Hero pools is a brave and holistic change

Maybe you should actually have a decent roster of heroes before you go limiting them.

31 Likes

Or you could just not have golden guns :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

If skin looks good, i want it. I like gold, so i want it. Simple logic.

5 Likes

Idea, bring it to the experiment card before season 21 for players to test it

2 Likes

Thanks for giving us more information on the topic, Jeff. I really love to hear from you.
It definitely does feel fresh and the freshness is the best thing about hero pools for me.
Iā€™m looking forward to more changes like this for 22nd and further seasons.

4 Likes

Then play comp. I only have 3 gold weapons. Use em on my most played heros, for the most part

I actually think itā€™s not a bad idea to mix things up a bit and break the meta. The problems I do foresee is that many will be discouraged to play Hero Pools and as a result, it may extend the queue times again. Also it will restrict many players from playing their favourite heroes if they are excluded.

Time will tell I supposeā€¦ :thinking:

First thought.

2 Likes

But i dont want to force myself to game that alredy is boring because of map pool, play solo in 222, and now this.
This is terrible for meā€¦

3 Likes

Hey Jeff,

Major Kudos on finding a WAY better solution than Hero Bans.
Iā€™m very excited to test out this Hero Pool idea! =)

3 Likes

I play solo mostly as tanks. Just mute everything and do your best

1 Like

For the first 5 weeks, we will be trying a range to see what feel right. Weā€™ve architected this system so that we can update the hero pools without the need to patch. So weā€™ll be monitoring feedback very closely, experimenting a bit with the pool and adapting our strategy as time goes on.

72 Likes

Muting dont change fact that game on 222 alone is not fun. And ranked is mode i play solo mostly.
Map pool make me play over and over same maps
And now i gona have to pick witch week i actualy can do placements on what role.

2 Likes

Would you consider rotating hero pools once every few days instead? one week is far too long, in my opinion, and once every match may come across as too hectic.

2 Likes

I think Hero Pools are a good idea.
But itā€™s a solution to a problem that only exists in Masters/GrandMasters and maybe some portion of Diamond.

Plat and below donā€™t really ā€œsuffer from the metaā€.

As such Iā€™d suggest the following restriction:

Hero Pools should only apply to games where the cumulative SR of both teams is above 3250SR.

āœ… Hero Pools = Only +3250SR games

4 Likes

The card wonā€™t be ready until end of Feb.

For now, you can test it by not playing Torb for the week.

Next week, donā€™t play Symmetra.

=]

only playing with yaā€¦

131 Likes

Itā€™ll be great ! So far my favorite dev update, especially combined with the experimenting card. Game will be quite dynamic. Itā€™ll keep things fresh and give the devs insight into different aspects of the actual game instead of being confined to observing a stale meta.

2 Likes

How would you gauge whether itā€™s a positive change in this case?

Also, are there any plans to add more heroes to roles that are lacking? I.e. Tank and Support

6 Likes

Are there any plans to make off tanks a bit more relevant again?
As with 2/2/2, people feel very pressured to maximize damage mitigation over the utility off tanks provide (often damage and peel) and this should be reflected by your internal stats too, with main tanks and anchor tanks such as Reinhardt and Orisa being highly favored over the likes of Roadhog and Zarya.

It would certainly speed the pace of the game up a bitā€¦

Refund me please, you guys are ruining the game i used to love

5 Likes