Hero pools is a brave and holistic change

At least I feel more assured about hero bans. I wish this kind of discussion was around when role queue was being introduced and that it can still be around when there are bigger updates coming as well.

1 Like

dude, do you think we can ever have a fully voiced jeff announced pack :frowning: ?

1 Like

Yorkshire tea for a perfectly balanced game

1 Like

Jeff, I love you always, but seriously, hearing you say youā€™re open to trying different things for different seasons of Overwatch just makes my heart EXPLODE with love and appreciation!! I donā€™t know how I feel about hero pools but I LOVE that yā€™all are open to change and experimentation. I think the game has needed this for a while and itā€™s awesome to see. Thanks for everything you do.

4 Likes

As someone who has been playing since beta, and embraced this as one of the first PVP games I seriously wanted to try or engage with, I would like stats but I think it should be added judiciously and probably closer to the end of the match vs. mid-match but I think what Iā€™m really worried about is a K/D ratio, which has always been something the game has shied away from and for good reason. This game has always been sold as different and innovative and less like other more intensely demoralizing trad shooters and competitive games that highlight one particular type of play or skill and adding a K/D ratio would largely undo that, I think. It crept in a tiny bit with Overwatch League and with deathmatch, but I would love it if we never got a scoreboard.

Thank you.

Iā€™m open to see any changes and tests the devs might come up with.
If youā€™re afraid of change then nothing good will happen.

Yea, and Iā€™ll give my feedbackā€¦ so you stay quiet little mouse.

:joy: :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile:

See? I can be just as dismissive of you as you can be of me. I can also do laughing emotes.

I know thereā€™s a rotating map pool but Iā€™m curious: has the team ever discussed a map veto system similar to Blizzardā€™s RTS titltes?

If so, what have those conversations been like?

Is it possible to have a separate Competitive mode for hero pools + 2-2-2 and another one for the Competitive mode we use to have prior to Role Queue ?

Itā€™ll only take this to make everyone happy. Iā€™m not sure forcing hero pools is the way to go just like many other OW players.

1 Like

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Tank, but if you lose points because heā€™s unavailable, that makes you a BAD tank player. Youā€™re still a tank player, just a garbage one.

Do you all even pay attention to comp below diamond? Youā€™re ruining the game. Role queue. Map pools. Now hero pools? These ā€œfixesā€ made the lower games more crappy while fixing balance issues in higher SR and pro games. I really wish you would leave these stupid restrictions OUT of comp and only do this crap to the pro game. The static meta DOES NOT EXIST AT THE SR MOST OF US PLAY AT.

2 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry if I hurt your feelings because I donā€™t feel like arguing with someone who immediately contradicted themselves.

:joy: sorry if I find something funny

Iā€™m sorry if I hurt your feelings. Donā€™t cry.

:joy: :rofl:

Isnā€™t this a constructive exchange? I thought you werenā€™t going to reply to me? Canā€™t help yourself, can you?

1 Like

Post with your real account coward

i got a really important question will u marry meā€¦ jk i really look forward to the changes mr kaplan im super excited to learn more heroes other than bap and ana :DD thanks for this awesome new system AND the faster balance updates <33

I guess I couldnā€™t :laughing:

And a laughing emote is just how I felt, it has nothing to do with constructive convo as there is nothing I can accomplish in talking to you besides my own entertainment.

I honestly want him to come back just so he can turn you down at the alter

You seem easily amused. Fortunately I find you even more amusing. :joy:

Jeff, how about getting rid of competitive seasons entirely and replacing them with other periodic competitive events in the form of not just a ladder (or ladders), but also weekly tournaments?