Hero pools is a brave and holistic change

I’m concerned about SR variance. Are SR losses and gains being looked at too?

1 Like

One tricks will take the -50 SR penalty and leave, then play their hero in 10 minutes. You can’t do every game. You should scratch the whole idea, actually as I addressed above.

6 Likes

Sorry to pop now and say this, may feel off topic but this is a good oportunity

do you guys have any ideas for bastion?

dude is doing so bad he doesnt even show in overbuff anymore

The discussion is open for OW2.

89 Likes

Was there any talks about doing hero pools once per season? If so, why was that ultimately voted against?

Is the profile update gonna bring new level borders?

Please do this, more stats would be awesome to have.

8 Likes

Jeff is on a roll today.

15 Likes

Feels a bit too much to have hero bans and constant balance changes at the same time.

I don’t think hero pools will achieve your goal and will just create another ban meta as a single, random ban for tanks will ultimately lead to Dive being the only consistently reliable composition since it is the only tank composition with a redundant character compared to deathball or bunker.

The game was not designed with bans in mind nor were the rosters made with enough depth in order to support the idea. If you had implemented hero pools with OW2, and presumably more tanks and supports, it might have been better received. But as the game is, I think it is both premature and just another feature that we didn’t ask for that is indcative of the devs trying to do more by actually doing less - ultimately a lazy approach that only reduces player agency in the end.

1 Like

The only thing I wish Blizzard did to the profile is an ability to hide your own rank.

I don’t want to see it, because sometimes it gets on my nerves. I just want to focus on the game, not playing for the numbers. Could that possibly happen?

2 Likes

Well there be a warning for the banned heroes before you join a competitive game? I feel like it would be a bad situation if a Mercy player comes from QP into competitive, only to find that Mercy can’t be played, and is basically ‘dead weight’ as a support player.

3 Likes

Well, there’s another issue with this. If you change it too often, things will be chaotic as people will be confused as to what the meta would be for a certain week (or a day or 3 days).

What about maybe a seasonal rotation?
This way people can get used to certain ways to play and even used to certain heroes without having the issue of having a stale 5 month meta.

1 Like

no [i have to type twenty characters even though i work here]

152 Likes

regardless of if we do a different scoreboard for OW2, we definitely want to do more with stats and provide more statistics to players

81 Likes

You mean “if the community does not feel it is a positive change during season 21 we will claim it is a massive success and keep it forever to make sure we have not wasted our development efforts”?

3 Likes

we talked about a season rotation but taking a hero out of play for 2 months makes us a bit nervous. never say never but it’s not our first instinct…

58 Likes

Except it’s not fun or exciting to have even less options to choose from in the support and tank roles which already have very few heroes compared to dps

It will not be a good system unless dps is the only one that can be banned

6 Likes

You may create a card so users can create the hero poll, that could be great at least to try!

Could it be something like Overbuff does? Overbuff is slightly inaccurate due to hidden profiles and it would be nice to have main stats like that for the entire player base.

2 Likes