Hero pools is a brave and holistic change

But if they aren’t meta and problematic then their winrate won’t be astronomical.

If the hero pool has any hope of working then it will need to rely on a combination of pickrate, winrate, and pro feedback.

Several people are typing…

1 Like

Blizzard isn’t exactly a great employer. They reported their most profitable year ever and decided to fire 800 people, then realized they needed to hire people for the positions they had just fired people from. I think many of the employees at Blizzard would be better off if Blizzard split into a number of indie studios that actually cared about developing games for gamers instead of investors. But, perhaps it’s just my utter hate for Blizzard shining through.

2 Likes

Sweet Jeff. You may be the only remaining Dev from Blizzard who’s passionate about his game and responds to it’s playerbase. I hope OW2 is a success and the WC3:Reforge is a ghost town and pissing a lot of fans off. Hope it doesn’t effect OW2. Sadly it probably will, since a lot of people are swearing off Blizzard because of their other products and responses as of late. Also please bring Cross-Save. Im a double dipper and i want my unlocks together.

2 Likes

On the note of new heroes, there’s some concern that there aren’t enough heroes in the game for pools. Can we expect the size of the pool to change in response to feedback and any new heroes in the future? How large is the pool right now internally?

not in this version. interesting idea though.

61 Likes

please jeff don’t nerf mei… she’s my girl >.<

I know that. I assume it would be 1-2 tanks per week.

For example if you ban Hog/Winston for one week, for that entire week I no longer have the tanks I heavily depend on to handle specific problems my team may have.

If there is a problem Tracer I go Hog, if there is a problem Widow I may choose Winston or WB pending map. Just a simple example but there’s so many scenarios where I depend on specific heros. The tank role is too small to be limiting us even further.

If I cannot swap to address this issues then I will feel trapped. It sounds horrible for any role except dps who actually have a decent amount of heros so they have multiple ways to address a potential issue.

That’s a fun idea. Could be a nice idea for a mini event or an arcade mode too. Ban more heroes than usual, maybe for a week there’s a mode with just dive-like characters, or maybe all barriers are gone for a week, or only barriers or projectiles etc. Obviously not for comp, but could be cool for like a short-time game mode.

If you ever need anything Brigitte related, I’d love to help. :heart:

5 Likes

Welp, not every day you can ask your question and propably not get answer in some sytuations :man_shrugging:

good question, I would also like to know.

lmao of COURSE the reply is to the one of the only posts praising them in a sea of people that HATE this change

2 Likes

Jeff hello! Sorry for questioning here, but can you please say something about smurfs on consoles? You know they can create unlimited accounts with one copy of the game. May be some changes specific for consoles?

6 Likes

By the way, are there any balance changes coming any time within the next week? Or is the next balance patch gonna be at the end of February with the eperimental card?

We literally just got some posts from Josh Noh some time ago and other devs post on reddit too…

That is literally what Jeff said hero pool is focusing on

Disrupting metas that the community is negative about

So every meta to even Overwatch

1 Like

Nah i mean a hero who’s using an alter ego aka hammond is wreckingball in game siebren is sigma and i guess yeah doomfist is akande not the kit :stuck_out_tongue:

You should add Comp Classic in the experimental mode :smiley:
If need be I would gladly sacrifice all my hours on Reinhardt and Genji to make this a thing

1 Like

regardless of if we do a different scoreboard for OW2, we definitely want to do more with stats and provide more statistics to players

Is there potential for a Combat log in the Replays on the Horizon?
Also maybe some API linkage so global and average stats can be tracked accurately with Overbuff and the like. It’s really useful to know what areas I might be lacking per hero at my skill level and compare winrates by map and hero combinations.