Hero Idea- Omnic Terrorist Toxic

Hey everyone, this is my first hero concept, so I hope you guys like it! I dont know a bunch about stats and things like DPS or cooldowns, so I put some ideas down I think might be ok. Also Im a PC player so I’m putting the default controls below.
Name: T0-X1C, or Toxic (Specialty DPS. By Specialty i mean a non-traditonal DPS like Sombra or Doomfist)
Weapon: Gas Cannon (Two handed gas sprayer), 90 ammo, reload 1-1.3s
LMB: Spray toxic gas up to 7m out, gas stays for 2-3s. Enemies in gas take 30 DPS and a -30% antiheal for 3 seconds (refreshes as long as they’re in gas, -30% means out of 100 healing they heal for 70). Uses 15 ammo per second.
RMB: Shoots syringe with concentrated liquid/gas, does 50 DPS and -50% healing for 3 seconds. Uses 30 ammo. Projectile moves at about 15 m/s. Fire rate of 1.3-1.5s.
L Shift Ability: Gas Burst
10s cooldown. Toxic shoots out gas everywhere within 5m of himself. Gas has same effects as primary fire (LMB).
E Ability: Cleansing Injection
5s cooldown. Toxic can inject an ally (up to 10m away) with a revitalizing chemical cocktail and cleanse them of all status effects and temporary (2s) CC immunity.
Ultimate Ability (Q): Dirty Bomb
Toxic marks an area of the map (all players can see, marker like Meteor Strike), and a bomb drops (1.25s after marking) and explodes (100 initial DPS). For 10s, a giant concentrated gas cloud forms within 8m of the point of impact (5m high though), dealing double gas damage, -100% anti heal in gas, and -50% antiheal out of gas for 6s. (Ult cost would be moderate)
Edit: I forgot to add the background story, if there’s one thing I love it’s good lore!
Biological weapons were never deployed in the Omnic Crisis, but on the Omnic side they came close. In the final yeas of the Crisis an Arctic Omnium perfected a biological agent capable of stopping the healing process and poisoning the body, killing anything biological. Before it could be used however, Overwatch was formed and the Crisis had come to an end. The research was hidden away and forgotten.
Years later, during the Uprising of Null Sector, a young Omnic named T0-47 was recruited into their cell as a sleeper agent, set to gather intel on the London populace to determine their weakpoints. After Overwatch quelled the Uprising however, T0-47 had to remain undercover- but that did not mean the mission was over. For the next seven years he dug through records and old system files, looking for anything that would cause an Omnic resurgence, when he found lost files about a secret weapon in an abandoned omnium.
Making the trek to the Arctic, he made his way in and discovered the deadly components. He finalized the gas and weaponized it, changing and modding his own body until he was as much a weapon as an Omnic. He vowed to avenge his fallen brethren, start a new Crisis, and end a uncaring, unfeeling humanity. T0-47 was gone, and T0-X1C was born.

3 Likes

I’m glad to see there are still a few decent threads on these forums.

I think your hero sounds pretty cool. We need more area control heroes that aren’t tanks, and it’s refreshing to see some pretty sweet ideas like yours. The ultimate may need a few buffs, honestly. Same for the E ability. They both seem like they’re not as useful as they might seem (E could do with some healing, and Q could probably drop a little quicker, depending on its effective range.)

Anyway, here’s my OC hero! (No ammo counts or anything yet, just ideas…)

-NAME: SCUF
-ROLE: Support - 50 health, 100 shield - 3 star difficulty
-MAIN: T-Laser: A small beam that deals only 25 damage a shot, but deals 100 to shields and barriers.
-ABL 1: Attach: Hold onto a teammate and provide them with great healing. Be careful, though, as healing is limited to however much is in your tank (up to 1000). Collect health packs and bug another support to fill up your tank. Also, slowly heal yourself from your tank if you’re injured. You can use your main attack while attached.
-ABL 2: Standee: Transform into a stationary health pack generator. Packs respawn at X5 rate, and you can cycle between small and large. Uses up your tank of health.
-PASS: Stealth: Stick to walls, even when stationary.
-ULT: Mind Sap: Take control of an enemy for 6 seconds. Requires a running leap and a solid landing on an enemy. High charge time.

1 Like

Thanks! SCUF sounds pretty cool too- I like the idea of the ultimate but idk how the total CC would work in game. He could also put out a ton of mass healing, kind of reminds me of Moira (mass healing with little utility), but if she was a healing glass cannon lol. Would he be like a reverse Bastion (stationary and makes healthpacks)?
I also had an idea for a passive where T0-X1C would heal while in his own gas, kind of a reverse effect, but I ditched it because I want him to be an Omnic and IDK how it would work (but hey how do Shimadas summon dragons? :stuck_out_tongue: )

I really like this concept! 2 seconds of cc immunity every 5 seconds sounds kind of strong though.

Love the weapon though. I’d love to see a gas based hero in the game, and utility based too!

Thanks! The biggest thing I wanted to incorporate was the anti-healing, for two reasons: Ana is the only character with an antiheal, so i want more heroes to have it; Also I feel that if used correctly in a team fight it could severely weaken or end GOATS (I feel like that would make him an insta-pick though :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

The hero would probably singlehandedly dismantle goats… which was kind of the same problem with Brig and dive, so he may need to be toned back in that regard.

If Toxic became a hero, I’m sure the Devs wouldn’t make the same mistake twice. Making a hero to counter a stale meta would be good, but they would probably test it extensively before he was ready to reveal, ensuring there’s enough counterplay against him and his best synergies.
I think I did some of that by keeping his DPS low and utility high, taking him out would cripple the team similarly to a comp dependent on Sombra hacks.

1 Like

I was thinking Toxic could kill GOATS pretty well. What’s say you?

1 Like

I designed him with that idea in mind, so I hope he does :slight_smile: I’ve been fine tuning him and his abilities, trying to make him more balanced, but its tough without seeing it in game lol. When I’m finished with it I’m going to submit the idea to BTC’s hero comp. competition, maybe it’ll get featured!

1 Like