Hero Feedback | Never Let Other People Silence Your Opinion

No matter how silly you may think of your idea for a hero, and no matter how minor or major your issue is, never… I shall repeat… NEVER feel like other people have the right to shut you up because they feel that “their opinion is better than yours.”

This is a game with many different heroes that appeal to both the pro players and the casual scene. While some opinions on a hero may not be as popular than others, please consider that any feedback on them is in fact, valid feedback.

The Mods and the Dev team encourage us to voice our opinions on a hero and what we like about them. At the same time, they also encourage us to voice our opinions on what we don’t like about them. This is all useful information for them, because it gives them a glimpse into what the community currently feels about a hero change, patch, dev update etc. Feedback in general, is vital in the betterment of the health of the game, and the enjoyment by the community as a whole.

So I say all of that to say this. No matter how intimidated you may feel in thinking “My voice will never be heard” - voice it anyway. No matter how small you may think your idea on a hero is - give that idea anyway. No matter how many times people have told you “No”, “It will never happen”, “That is impossible”, “They will never listen” etc. Do it anyway.

It may seem hopeless, and it may seem dire, but your voice will be heard by someone, and it will encourage them to voice their opinion as well - an opinion that otherwise wouldn’t have happened without you. The devs and staff will never know if an issue with a hero exists, or how serious an issue with a hero is, if it’s never brought to their attention, or if that voice fizzles out and gives up. So keep up the pace! we never know if change can be made if we don’t try. :blush:

As our beloved sniper nanna once said:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

3 Likes

So if the developers directly said they are not interested in multi-rez as a capability for Mercy, but are open to other ideas, would your feedback change at all?

3 Likes

The OP never once mentioned Mercy in the post.

Also, I agree. :blush:
Never give up. The Dev Teams read the forums much much more than we realise. Almost all of our feedback is read, and is passed up the chain of command. :blush:
And I’m out of likes for a bit, but here’s a few hearts. :blush::blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

3 Likes

Uh - don’t.

I got banned for 15 days for talking about game balance in-game.

At the start, when I died and at the end, not even during the game - no swearing or insults either.

Pure memes

1 Like

(Reads the OP’s name)
Not once.

Yeah nobody has the right to silence you’re opinion but they do have the right to complain and express their opinion and some of the forums will and

can complain about the oversaturation of a certain topic and you don’t have to take it into consideration especially if it’s a actual toxic comment but let it be an after thought at least

The OP never once said Mercy in the post.

And just because someone with the name Mercy made a post, doesn’t restrict that post entirely to Mercy…

1 Like

I’m open to any change that can improve mercy.
If res has to go I’ll happily take it

This thread addresses any ideas with any hero. Not just Mercy. Let’s not narrow down the topic being discussed.

If any idea isn’t of interest to the dev team, that is their opinion. That still doesn’t mean that you cannot voice your own. In fact, your are entitled to do so. You have that right.

It doesn’t mean that your voice shouldn’t still be heard, even if you disagree with it, and especially so since the community holding to a view and bringing it to their attention for so long in the past has in fact, led them to see their side and have a change of heart, on multiple occasions. :blush:

#SayItLoudSayItProud #NeverStopTheFight

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

Fair enough, let’s take Roadhog for instance.

I think if people did nothing but request the old full damage hooks combo Roadhog, and replied with no other feedback besides that, that wouldn’t be very constructive.

Roadhog should be Fun and Effective, but that doesn’t mean they need to go any particular design path to get there.

I personally think that keeping the spirit of mass rez ult would be more important than keeping any form of resurrect itself.

What i mean, is that scrapping the ability to bring back dead is fine. I just think that replacement needs to feel like fitting substitute.

I believe that issue many are having, is that Valkyrie and res as an ability just don’t feel like that, at all.

1 Like

Well I think the goal should basically be wide enough for,
“Make Mercy Fun, and Effective, while maintaining the same mechanical skillset as before, but also add some things for higher skill ceiling.”

Which is way wider possibilities.

If you maintain the feel and themes of the character with that then I’m game. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well here’s an example of how the mechanics could be entirely different, without changing much.

Mercy
Sympathy Bond:

• Mercy blocks half of incoming damage on a teammate, and receives half the incoming damage to herself.
  • Bonded teammate has a halo visual effect above them.
  • Casting the ability on the same teammate twice cancels this ability

Resurrection:

• Default keybinding to Q during Valkyrie.
  • Resurrects one fallen teammate, this teammate is restored to full health.
  • Zero cast time.
  • Resurrected Teammate cannot take any action for 1.75 seconds, and glows bright yellow.
  • If this teammate dies within 4.75 seconds after being resurrected, they are put on their former respawn timer.
  • Healing, Zarya Shield Bubbles, etc are effective on the resurrected teammate.
  • Ten second cooldown during Valkyrie

I’m honestly curious now. Would you keep asking for mass Rez or not if the devs said they want to take Mercy in a different suggestion.

Sympathy Bond is an interesting ability.

I feel that Valkyrie should be replaced as it doesn’t suit the Mercy theme and design. Resurrect cannot be balanced as an E and a single Rez during Valk is pointless and not ult worthy. Ults need to have impact and that is one of the things Mercy is missing badly.

These days I’m learning towards an AOE version of Miracle Worker from BTC but cast in the same way Ult Res was. It would stop people dying if their health is reduced 0 for a few seconds. However when the ability runs out and they are still at 0 health then they die.

I like it because:

• It suits Mercy’s theme as an angel and someone who prevents death.
  • It has a big impact which is what Mercy is lacking.
  • It means Mercy can keep the team up and buy the team time to win a fight but doesn’t reset the fight like Resurrect.
  • It means Mercy has to stay in the fight to cast it as it’s an AOE around her.
  • Stuns and things can stop her casting.
  • It can use her “Heroes Never Die!” voice line and it actually means something again.
  • If Mercy runs away and doesn’t heal then the team dies after the time is up so she has to stay around.
  • The enemy can hear/see that Miracle Worker is in effect due to Mercy shouting and the glow on characters so they can delay spamming ults until the effect is over. This increases tactical play and ult management.

It’s probably good in a few other ways but I’m really keen on it. :smiley: