Hero Falls from Grace

So, with OW2 coming up, I don’t think it’s unlikely that we’ll see hints and progression towards some kind of villain redemption. Reaper comes to mind first, but there’s a good amount of options.

However, Overwatch has a lot more heroic characters than villainous ones.

I’m wondering which heroic characters you’d most like to see experience a fall from grace? Flew too close to the sun and came back changed.

—————————
For me, Lúcio
I love the guy, but I’d also love to see him struggle. The last person you’d expect. Convincing a crowd to take action, if not done with care can turn protesters into an army. Perhaps Lúcio becomes a bit disillusioned in his pursuit for justice, and has a stretch of poor judgement.
How would he react if his public persona was tarnished by becoming what Vishkar thought he was? Would he retreat into the vigilante role he was accused of, alongside Overwatch, or take responsibility for his actions directly?

I’d also just love to see the power of a “villain” support at work.

Anyways, I’m sure there are many ways good folk can convince themselves to do bad things. Which would you be most morbidly curious to see?

3 Likes

Justice doesn’t exist. It’s people using it aganist other people that goes aganist their set rules. It’s always ideaology aganist other idealogy. There’s no perfect one and never will be. War after war where the land never belonged humans.

I think that’s mindset of Zenyatta.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they’ll take a lot of the “anger” of some characters to make them collaborate in parallel with the “bad guys”. I think of Ashe and the junkers, basically outlaws. Or zarya, whose omnic conflict is not unwelcome. or also symmetra.

But my best speculation is that of a lore very similar to StarCraft II, specifically Legacy of the Void, where along the journey, those who were opposing factions have become companions to fight a greater evil (in this case, the Doomfist ideology). I don’t think we’ll have a Two-faction philosophy like WoW (horde and alliance / OW and Talon).

1 Like

I want someone to turn evil like prince arthas did in wc3, may be Tracer

1 Like

They’d have to have the right cause. With the current conflict, I can’t imagine any reason for any of the Overwatch crew to turn, except maybe Echo. But even then, it’d probably just be a tease.

1 Like

Even if a hero would “turn,” it wouldn’t have to be permanent.

Maybe D.va’s constant publicity from a young age has gotten the better of her. Child stars rarely turn out well-adjusted. Perhaps she gets in contact with Sombra, and gets roped into doing her dirty work. Only for someone like Lúcio or Zarya to convince her to straighten out her choices.

Her official bio already says “she had a well-earned reputation for showing no mercy to her opponents,” so perhaps that can be explored.

2 Likes

And she will change her name to EVa.

1 Like

I think Soldier76 may be a contender, considering how determined he is for revenge. in Bastet, Ana cant talk him out of it at all. I wonder how far down that path he would go, if he actually would kill Reyes if given the chance.

1 Like

While we’ve seen Brigitte with the Overwatch crew in teasers, I imagine she’s still going to hold a grudge for what they did to Reinhardt (whatever it was). I’d love to see how intimidating she’d be as a villain, or even just an anti-hero. And who doesn’t love a fallen paladin storyline?

1 Like

I think he actually tried to kill Reyes
But explaining it is difficult and will take a lot of time
I will do it one day in a post

1 Like