🌿 Hero Essential Oils [Every Hero!]

I dont even know what to say.

Along with just the general stigma on homeopathic remedies, the companies that peddle essential oils have very cult-like/pyramid scheme practices.

This guy did a pretty cool video on how he and his family were almost sucked into it.

4 Likes

I don’t know what this is about or what’s it meant to accomplish, but it’s hilarious. Thanks.

Oh dear. Essential oils have nothing to do with Homeopathy.
Aromatherapy is somthing very different.
Two completely different things.
Its like thinking “oh hm i dont like those oranges” when watching a commercial about an LCD Monitor.

Other than that i think its funny and some of these scents would really fit the characters. I very much like that lemons are in there too.

The f are essential oils? Some sort of scam?

You never heard of essential oils?
Its not a scam omg.
For example when you have a cold inhaling peppermint oil and eucalyptus oil can be very beneficent for the respiratory system.
You boil water so its disinfected, you wait until its about 60°C then you put it in a big bowl put a few drops of peppermint and eucalyptus oils in it. Then you inhale the steam. Usually you use a towel to cover your head and the bowl so you have a higher concentration of steam to inhale.
Peppermint oil can also be good against headaches.

That sounds like it’s the steam doing all the work.

the aromatherapy use of it is fine and not a scam, but some of the companies who sell it tell customers are shady as hell (multi-level marketing aka pyramid scheme) and also suggest incredibly unhealthy uses of the oils that don’t involve steam.

so yes, essential oils aren’t inherently scammy, but quite a number of people use them to scam people by selling them as cancer cures and suggesting they be ingested or rubbed on the skin (which are both bad and harmful- drinking pure essential oils can mess a person up big time, and its a skin irritant), so saying that it can never be a scam is wrong.

2 Likes

I am sorry its clear that you dont have any clue what you are talking about.

No, Junkrat - Kerosene

2 Likes

I agree that kind of “marketing” is indeed dangerous.
Essential oils are not a cure for cancer and you should never drink them.
There are medications that have tiny amounts of essential oils in them that is fine and totally ok but they should never be ingested in large quantities.
Btw i did not state that they are never a scam. I dont know about the local US market but i havent seen any of the scams you describe here in my area.

it’s very common in the US to see the nasty MLMs and other gross practices with essential oils, unfortunately. I can’t go to the local mall without seeing multiple essential oil kiosks that claim it cures cancer or mental illnesses or slows aging :grimacing:

I hope I didn’t come off abrasive at all, I didn’t intend to.

1 Like

No worries you didnt come across abrasive.
That sounds terrible though with the kiosks that claim to cure cancer etc.
Its dangerous because people might fall for it and it damages the reputation of essential oils for cases where they are actually of medicinal use.
Seems like the US market is a lot different then my local market.
From what i know kiosks like you described would be prohibited here.

1 Like

They’re use as air freshers, soaps, perfume, and etc.

I bet one of you guys’ houses smell really vile since one of you think essential oils is considered “Bad”. :nauseated_face::unamused:

2 Likes

They do have medicinal use as well, but not against cancer etc.

These are also good uses!

1 Like

Why is Moira not Poison like Reyes

pshhh.