Hero bans are live!

Learn to play multiple heroes, like the game is designed for

2 Likes

I’m sick of playing all the tanks except Sigma. They’ve weighed on my nerves long enough.

1 Like

Thank goodness orisa is banned. Now I’ll never see her- oh wait.

Ps. Y’all banned hanzo like 2 months too late

1 Like

You might; without Hanzo doing burst outside his effective range and no Mei to disable him, a Double Barrier comp with Rein becomes a distinct possibility for Brawl variants. Unlike Zarya Sigma provides both CC and a barrier to help cover strange flank angles for the rest of the team and potentially better peel. The mobile barrier also allows for friendly DPS to take high ground with more impunity.

Again, this seems very Dive vs. Brawl in intent.

1 Like

The developers want to be 100% clear that you are intended to play Reinhardt and NOBODY ELSE EVER.

3 Likes

Mmmm… I wasn’t thinking about Mei… Yes I can definitely play Sigma now. Her and Zarya are Sigma’s Achilles heel. Fighting upstream in a powerful river.

Why couldnt we have a moria ban, but bap…why? no on even plays him, its like banning zen
While I like orisa being banned I would have preferred wb instead simply due to the amount of throwers and one tricks using him.
And the dps I have no qualms over, good riddance at least for the short amount of time before the games are now filled with widows.

Yea, I mean, McCree’s been absolutely demolishing reins right now in the OWL.

Wouldn’t be surprise if Reaper gets picked up again in tandem with McCree if people keep on with Rein…

Wait… what?

2 Likes

Her pick rate in OWL was under 10%. She wasn’t eligible for the ban pool which required at least a 10% pick rate.

1 Like

I guess if the bans were Rein/McCree/Mei/Ana then you would literally nothing left to ban next week.

Wrecking Ball is gonna be nutty

1 Like

I 100% expected Rein banned at least, he has the highest pickrate by quite a bit for tanks

1 Like

So, I’m assuming OWL and Ranked bans are separate?

Bap and Orisa won’t make any difference. But def welcome Hanzo and Mei bans.

Does it matter? It’s gonna rotate and eventually every Hero will be banned. They can use a random number generator to determine the bans for all I care.

Yes, they are.

OWL’s bans are more or less randomized, while the Ranked bans are going to be more directly curated by the devs.

1 Like

Not sure they will - they can get a lot of good info as devs as to how we play based on who they ban. No point banning bastion when nobody plays him.

Uh…at what point did I say I don’t play multiple heroes? lol

I simply stated my distaste for the fact that I can’t play a favorite hero for a week. Reading comprehension. I know. Is hard.

1 Like

They are not gonna continually ban the same Heros over and over based on pick rates. That defeats the entire point of the system. It’s never gonna be the same Heros two times in a row.