Hero 30 Predictions

Hey guys since the reveal of the new hero is on the way, I wanted to make a prediction chat for people to call out which heroes they predict will be next added to the roster. With that out of the way, let’s get started. I predict our next hero will be the criminal mastermind and Talon associate Hakim.

Hakim was first mentioned in the Old Soldiers comic as being searched for by Soldier 76. Ana has continually disrupted their plans so Hakim called Reaper in to deal with their plans. Hakim was then mentioned again as of recent in the Bastet short story with Ana and Soldier making a plan to find him to bring him to justice. The story ends with Ana and Soldier heading to Hakim’s current location. I personally thought this story was going to be put on hold until it was revealed Blizzard teamed up with animator Dillongoo to reveal the rest of their encounter. Here is the link if people want to see the story: [OFFICIAL] Overwatch Cats Animated Short | "Bastet Rises" of Katsuwatch - YouTube . In this short we can get some aspects of Hakim being a kind of a coward until he takes some sort of elixir which makes him grow to the size of Tank.

This can be the Talon Tank that we have wanted. Hakim currently fills the size of a Tank but has a unique personality of being a coward but gains bravery when growing huge which could be interesting toward his abilities such as a size changing ability which can be a different modes to him the bigger he grows the more powerful he is, the smaller he is the faster he’ll be. But that’s my prediction. What do you guys think? Is this possible? DO you have any other predictions who will be our next hero? Who would you want our next hero to be?

I just hope it’s not the next Brigitte.

Honestly I think they were just moving those two heroes from out of cave that they been in for a year for. (Honestly any longer and the rumors would start.) So really it’s more a little Distraction.

(Here is a better link for the story: 🛰 Bastet - A Short Story | Overwatch Fanmade Audiobook )

Dillingoo’s video is not canon it was just a funny animation blizzard commissioned him for, they regularly commission people for stuff like this

I’m done guessing since both Brigitte and ashe were too unsuspecting. Brig too obvious and ashe totally out of left field. I’m hoping for sanjay as a primary support alternative to mercy/ana/moira, but I’m not holding out hope, that’s just the character that would reignite my excitement for the game (since echo is not hero 30).

That, or a male main support in general.

Really wait…hold on. Just tweeted Michael Chu see if that is right.

Hopefully he answers I’d love to be proven wrong, but blizzard commissioning people for art, animations and cosplay regularly its nothing new so I doubt it’ll turn out to be canon

I also tweeted the animator too. So he might also know if they told him to create a canon animation.

I don’t care who it is.

I either want a proper tank that goes beyond body blocking/fat DPS status

Or a healer who either breaks Lucio’s monopoly on speed buffs (which would require having a speed% increase cap similar to how damage reduction is capped at 50%) or brings an entirely new form of utility to play.

3 Likes

Now that would be interesting addition to the game. I like that idea.

I wouldn’t trust what dillingoo says, he’s a great animator but I wouldn’t trust what anyone other than michael chu or another writer says, as even developers of the game get canon lore of the game wrong