Help with my Gamemode

I am working on a “Got Talent” Mode that has multiple things like the name displaying on your hud for the one that is alive, but i am very new to this type of stuff. Can anyone help me out? I’m on PS4 if anyone can.

You would use the action Create HUD Text for something like that, though I’m a little confused as to your specifics. What name do you want displayed? The name of a player, a hero, or the game? Who would it be visible to and when/for how long?

For example: The one on the stage, (basically the one alive) will have their name present on the screen. It will be there until they die. Its a bit hard saying it here, because i’m actually new to posting in forums, so sorry for my lack of clarity.

Aha, there are two ways you can do that. You can either use the All Living Players header within the Create HUD Text action, or you can use the coordinates of your stage to display only the name of the player who’s within a radius of those coordinates. Basically, you can display the name of the player who’s alive or the player who’s physically on the stage.

The first way is easiest but might be a little messy depending on how your other players die/timing/etc… and the second way takes a bit more work but might be more precise.

There are also some other things i want to add. Like areas they are not allowed to leave and things like that. I already got the spawns down, but i don’t know how do any of this. I have to look up so amnt tutorials.

There are 2 simple actions that will display text on screen…

Big Message (large message at top of screen with a background highlight)
Small Message (small message below crosshair)

Create HUD Text seems to need more management. Personally won’t recommend it, but I’ve only tried using it once.

Create In-World Text can be used if you want it as part of the world. You could then have it follow players in question around. But I haven’t used this one. So you might need to do adjustments for its final positioning. (If it behaves like Create Effect, then it’s not that bad.)

I want it to really only be on the judges Hud so they know eho is preforming at the moment. There are alot of other things i’m trying to get into this that is kinda hard to understand. Like idk if i want them dead or if i can make it so they spawn at a certain spot and the judges choose who goes next.
I’ll probably do that one but idk how to do any of it.
I know how to make them spawn in a cartain spot but idk how to keep them there until summoned.

To keep players from moving… Something like…

Player Within Radius==true (@ some position on map). Have players within that radius unable to move.

Alternatively…

Players Within Radius==false (@ some position on map). Have players NOT in that radius able to move. (total opposite of the above)

Someone correct me on that, though. Interpreting WS code is harder for me compared to programs in text.

(Note, create a Sphere or Ring effect with the same radius at that position to help ID where it is.)

This will help help alot thanks!
But do yoy have any ideas on how to quote on quote “summon” them to a certain position?

There is a Teleport Action.

Do a check on a player first to see if they are a judge, then teleport them into the “judge box” radius. Teleport them out when they are not a judge.

I haven’t touched arrays yet, so you’re best asking someone with experience with those in order to rotate out players in the WS.

Actually, you could have “non-judges” be able to move and prevent “judges” from moving(and the respective player variable is either True or False to indicate whether or not they are a judge). Teleport them to the position you want them and ignore the whole “players within radius” text.

So how do i make people not move again?

• Set Move Speed

Also notable:

• “Allow Button” and “Disallow Button” to help control player behavior.
  • “Set Gravity” to keep players grounded.

Take a look at the wiki topic and skim the commands:

Also posting this channel here because there are a bunch of tutorials…