Help with info on new hero?

I watched the developer update video earlier this week with Jeff Kaplan, and from what I understand, there are some big hints on one of the new heroes that will be in Overwatch 2.

Could someone elaborate on this, like what hints were dropped and what kind of hero it is? I keep seeing the name Brit but wasn’t sure if that’s what people are talking about. Are they a ninja type character since the stage takes place in Japan?

Thanks!

One of the walls on the map has graffiti of a fox which most people are thinking could be the new hero. Add to this that there is a pair of fox statues also on the map is what led most people into thinking that the hero has something to do with the Kitsune (the Japanese fox spirit). Also, in one of the interviews, the publisher said something about a silhouette of a hero with a lean, animal companion by their side (most likely a fox).

2 Likes

Ryan did a nice write up on the fox hero stuff:

As for Brit, she’s an old concept that became D.Va. They reused the portrait art on Kanezaka but likely (and hopefully) just an easter egg.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the tips!

1 Like