Help Us Help You Blizzard

I will be posting the same thing in the Competitive Discussion Thread but I’d like to post it here as well because it is really important.

The youtube channel, Your Overwatch put out a really good video talking about why ranked is broken and what we can do to fix it, and I really do encourage you to watch it. A brief summary is that with a system that prevents friends from playing together, that promotes selfish play, and doesn’t create fair games, Blizzard is actually going against their core values that Jeff and other developers love mentioning when anyone mentions the word “fair”. And it is because of this that I am here trying to talk and get the opinions of other players to see if I am the only one that thinks we should get our priorities straight.

What I mean by setting our priorities straight, is I do not want new skins, I do not want new events, and I do not want to even hear any HINTS about a movie in the future until this issue gets resolved. I have an idea, and I know that as soon as I say this phrase every developer reading this is going to cringe…“Role Queue”

For those of you that do not know, Role Queue would mean that when I start up competitive, I would specify that I want to play as Tank, Support, or DPS. Theoretically this would make the matchmaker put together it’s own 2:2:2 teams and result in MUCH better games. Imagine if the system actually made it so that you would always be able to have 2 supports and 2 tanks. Gone would be the days of Quad- or even Quintuple-DPS comps.

Or at least that is the theory.

There are issues with this idea, just like there are issues with every new idea. For example, there would need to be a reporting feature to prevent people from choosing support, and then insta-locking genji. There is also a problem with Blizzard dictating the the meta is 2:2:2, among other smaller issues, but as a player who has spent his entire last year climbing 1500 SR and not having any of the same problems fixed, something should change.

It is my impression that the Overwatch Team loves to only put changes out there when they are 100% polished and perfect and leave it at that, and that is great for the live patches, but why not try this stuff out on the PTR? How hard would it be to let us try out role or preference queue and just figure these problems out? The way I see it is if we sit here and do nothing except get new skins and really cool events (which retribution absolutely is, don’t get me wrong) while we just stew in anger over the same problem of one tricks, toxicity, and everything else.

I would love to see Overwatch take a page out of Fortnite’s book and just put something out there. Show us that you are fixing the problem and don’t just tell us “Role Queue isn’t perfect so we won’t put it out there”. That is what the PTR is for. Give it to us, let us work through the problems, and give the community a chance to work with you guys and get a new system. League of Legends made it work, and I know that you guys can too. I Love this game waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much to just leave, just help us help you.

-A Proud Overwatch Player
#GreenWall

1 Like

You might as well want to read this:

That’s spam, my friend.

What CoC says about spamming

"Spamming or Trolling

This category includes:

Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish
Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
Making non-constructive posts
Abusing the Reported Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages
Numbering a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements
If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

Be given a temporary or permanent ban from the forums, depending upon severity"

1 Like