Help Please Anyone

Hey everyone I needed help from someone but don’t know where to go as there aren’t any clear avenues I see for this.

I want to report someone for harassment on the forums and if possible block their communication from me but can’t find anywhere to do it.

Can anyone assist with the best methods for these sorts of things?

2 Likes

You can’t block someone from messaging you, this is an open forum and thus everyone can talk to everyone, if their behavior is out of line he will be banned shortly, just use the flag system, it’s pretty effective

If their behavior is not out of line and you are simply overreacting well… just don’t answer to them anymore, you aren’t being forced to read their posts

Would you call being repeatedly called “mentally challenged” overreacting?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t, that’s sanctionable, go ahead and flag them as inapropiate

You can flag any post that you find is in violation of the Forum Code-of-Conduct by clicking the :white_flag: icon of that post.

You can also mute notifications from any user, by going to your own profile, click on the notification tab, and type out the BattleTag and BattleNet code of that user as it appears in the following format:

BNetPlayer-12345

Please remember to use a hyphen and not a pound sign when typing out the battle tag in the mute list. Also please note, that this method does not stop a user from seeing any of your posts or replies, nor will it stop them from making any replies to you.

1 Like

Thank you I will take these appropriate actions :slight_smile:

1 Like

wow I didn’t know you could actually mute people O.o this is incredible, thanks man

As I mentioned, you’re only muting to notifications. Any posts that a user replies to another user will still be visible to everyone.

1 Like

The real question is why don’t we have an ignore function on the forums.

Maybe you can ask why we are not getting it?

4 Likes

I was in that thread and read the posts between you and the other person and honestly, as an impartial witness, you did overreact to his initial post, and you did call him depressed first.

Not saying he’s in the right for calling you mentally challenged, but you did throw the first stone in that exchange. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I do not believe the discourse forum platform has any ignore function natively built in. One thing to consider, is that an ignore function would have a negative impact on users such as myself. If I am ignored by a player who posted in the technical support forum asking for help, because they did not like the answer that I give, that player would likely not be able to receive any additional assistance If other forum MVPs or Blizzard Support Agents sees that I’ve already made a reply to that user.

1 Like

Maybe find a way to make sure that mods can’t be ignored/muted.

But you have to remember, I am not a moderator. Aside from the green text and title, I am no different than any of you.

yes the ignore function was developed shortly after we moved to the new forums.
i’ve read it costs 800$ at that time.

old forums had one it was a very good tool to deal with annoying users.

it has even probably the ability to be applied only on forums you select so you could leave it out of support forums.

Justice4WyomingMyst! Make them a mod.

The forum moderation team is part of the Blizzard customer service department and they are paid representatives of Blizzard Entertainment. I am not. While it is a desirable goal to be able to work for a company like Blizzard, my true personal career goals are focused mostly toward graphic design and social media marketing. I also have a passion for concept art and illustration.

4 Likes

Oh, thats actually cool. Hope you achieve your dreams!

1 Like

I asked if he was depressed because symptoms of depression include lashing out, irritability, insulting others etc.

I asked. I didn’t call him that.

And overreacting or not I didn’t do anything close to the things he said to me. All for supposedly making a superfluous comment that hurt no one.

This is all a huge overreaction.

1 Like

I disagree with you.

1 Like