Help me to pick dps to play?

Season 10 was my first season and I came across a bit of a problem. When all supports or tank were chosen the role I was left was dps and I realized that I know none of them good enough to play in comp. I tried yes, but not good.

So I need few heroes to practice… and I have no idea who to choose… I figured at least one against tanks, one against supports and… something.

Torbjorn. They may laugh at you now, but when the rework that makes him op comes, you’ll be ready.

4 Likes

What’s your playstyle, do you to play fast characters, close range characters, long range characters, snipers.

I started in season 7, Soldier 76 was how I got good at Overwatch mechanically. Give him a try, you might like how he feels and plays.

1 Like

play soldier.

it trains your projectile and hitscan aim/tracking

1 Like

Soldier 76 is the basic “starter” hero. Easy to learn, easy to use and get use out of, easy ult. The only thing is that he’s boring (to me at least). The only hero easier than him is Mercy.

How will he be ready if they REWORK torbjorn?

2 Likes

DPS can be a little tricky because there’s so many of them and they all serve different purposes. You have hit scans, you have projectiles, you have tank busters, you have barrier busters, you have crowd control, you have mobility, etc. etc.

DPS need to probably do the most swapping over any other class due to the nature of their kits. If Soldier: 76 is not working very well against tanks with a lot of barriers and health, you may need to roll Hanzo or Junkrat.

It ultimately depends on what you prefer. I personally think the easiest DPS to pick up first are Soldier: 76, Reaper, and in some cases Junkrat (although the hitbox nerf to his grenades makes aiming more difficult than it is to aim with Soldier). And honestly, Hanzo is pretty easy to pick up as well. He does not have a complicated kit.

widow and hanzo if you play anything else 0% winrate

Because aardvark pays off.

4 Likes

He’s giving it all he gots.

Oh you mean just practice the snazzy voicelines? :stuck_out_tongue:

Voiceline timing is an art. Do it too much and you get reported. Do it too little and no one hears it.

1 Like

The best is when you pop ult then use the sit emote and spam “I’m giving it all I’ve got!” and get POTG

On topic: Soldier is pretty easy to pick-up in terms of his kit. He’s your basic FPS dood and he’ll help develop your aim a bit

And overall, Soldier’s kit is super balanced. He’s the epitome of balance. And with this sweet buff coming soon

He’ll be in a pretty solid state.

2 Likes

BINGO!
20Characters.

If you want to survive and kill all the shields, use junkrat.

He is a great counter to the current meta.

I’m sooo looking forward to that. Me and my boi McCree are gonna go camping at Brokeback Mountain when that goes live. Totally normal BTW, nothing weird about 2 straight males going camping and sharing a one person tent…

1 Like

Real men do that all of the time. Just ask those lumberjacks in Alaska. It’s how they stay warm during the 30-days of night seasons. Then they wake up to hunt Kodiak bears and use their fur as warmth.

Soldier and McCree are just about to engage in manly activities.

1 Like

Widow
Genji
Tracer
Hanzo
Junkrat