Help huge GPU issue

Hi everyone it’s me from the underperforming team and today ill ask for your help because i can’t play overwatch. My GPU usage is between 0 and 50% ( with 40~50 degree ) even in practice range (in game i can fell from 100 to 10 fps 20 time a game and my game can’t even get constant 60 fps in high settings (same for 120 in low)… I have a GTX 1060 6Gb coupled with a ryzen 5 1600 with 8gb of RAM(3.93 usable idk why) i’ve tried to disable HPET bt nothing happened. All my drivers are updated and my bios too, i don’t understand because this is thé only game where i underperform, I can play for example The witcher 3 on full ultra and get 60 fps without slutter and an high GPU usage… So please help me and thanks for reading. Also i’m french so not a master of english grammar.

Hey Joeshi,

I read over this and it sounds like you may be playing on a laptop, is this correct? If so, I’d recommend checking out Drakuloth’s post on optimizing laptop performance. It does a really good job of explaining the process.

Power Management Settings

If you’re not on a laptop, could you generate a DXDIAG and post it?

Generating a DXDIAG:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
    1. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
    1. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
    1. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.

-Lantrasau

I’m having the same issue. Not on a laptop. I’ve gone through all of the processes and hurdles that ive been told to and the problem isnt being fixed. Im using a Core i7-8700k, a gtx 1080 and 16 gbs of ram. Why is nothing fixing this issue? Its only Overwatch that is doing this, and its only recently started happening. Like right after the recent update to the game.

I did the DxDiag and checked everything. No problems on my systems end. So it must be Overwatch.

Hi no i’m on a computer, here’s DxDiag:

System Information
------------------
      Time of this report: 7/3/2018, 10:37:16
             Machine name: DESKTOP-T74C6ON
               Machine Id: {B0A75326-86D2-41D8-BF44-D351183A85EE}
         Operating System: Windows 10 Famille 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
                 Language: French (Regional Setting: French)
      System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
             System Model: System Product Name
                     BIOS: 4014 (type: UEFI)
                Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor             (12 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
                   Memory: 8192MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 4028MB RAM
                Page File: 3769MB used, 8450MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\Windows
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
       System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
          DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
                 Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.17134.0001 64bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
      Display Tab 1: No problems found.
        Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
        Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
          Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D:    0/4 (retail)

I ran a I7-7700k pared with 16GB RAM and a GTX 970, I get 165fps on everything low, exepct Anti-Aliasing (or however it’s wrote) and on 1080p (FHD) Sometimes my fps drop down to 24 but a quick Alt+tab out and back in, solves the issue instantly.

Are you guys running other programs next to overwatch?
My brother had constantly issues with Discord.

No i close all programs except for MSI afterburner

Joeshi,

Did you try all of the steps in this link? There was a known issue with a recent windows update that caused laptops like yours to use the wrong graphics card. With you suddenly losing more than half of your FPS like this, I assume this is the problem.

I’m not on a laptop and i have only 1 graphic card wich is an GTX 1060, so thanks but i don’t think this link will help me…

Its still a good idea to check that link, desktop Motherboards do have what is called an Integrated Graphics Chipset and there are rarer reasons why your computer will switch to that chipset and not the dedicated graphics card when launching certain applications.

that processor doesn’t have integrated graphics

I am not talkiing about a Processor, I am talking about a motherboard.

pretty sure its either integrated into the processor or just not present on modern motherboards, unless you have an example of a ryzen motherboard with a graphics chip?

Gotcha, sorry about that Joeshi,

So your DXDiag wasn’t complete when you posted it, which doesn’t really give us much to work with. Can you try re running that DXDiag using the steps here and ensure that you post everything?