Help! fps drop :(

Don’t play with the forums in the background. You’re welcome.

1 Like

i’m serious, i’m having issues

2 Likes

I think he’s actually being serious. I’ve had some cases and seen others with similar issues as well where having the web browser open to certain pages in the background causes some nasty perf hits. Try closing anything unnecessary that’s running while you play and see if that helps.

Otherwise make sure your thermals aren’t getting too high.

3 Likes

hi! thanks for the answer!
when i play ow, i always close every other page/app/browser.
have a good night! (or day, depends where you live)

At first glance I read the title as “Help! Dropped burrito.”

4 Likes

The forums use up an unreasonable amount of RAM for whatever reason.

1 Like

I’d repost this in the technical support forum

1 Like

Done, i hope i can fix this!

good luck, dude…

1 Like

Oh, thanks but as i already said, i don’t play with other apps/ pages/ browsers open

Get MSI Afterburner and check some things in game. CPU per core temps, use and clock. GPU temps, use and clocks, system ram use and clock.

1 Like

I’ll do it, thank you!

Is crashmailer_64 open within the overwatch process when you’re lagging?
Do you have reduce buffering on? (leave it on if so, turn it on if not)

1 Like

If you don’t have MSI Afterburner, get it. Use it to try and figure out if it’s your CPU or your GPU capping out. If CPU make sure everything else on your desktop is closed. If it’s your GPU make sure you have the latest drivers, and if you do try rolling them back.

Edit: Also check to see if Windows is up to date. And if all else fails, do a clean reinstall of OW.

1 Like

Wow, so many answers in less than a hour! You guys are fantastic! Tomorrow i’ll try everything (it’s 23:27 here now)

do you have 2 monitors? turn only your ow monitor on and reinstall nvidia geforce drivers. this worked for me.

Only have 1 monitor. i play on a laptop

reinstall nvidia graphics drivers and see if it helps.

It might be thermal/power throttling then. +1 for Afterburner and/or HWINFO64. If it’s software related, Process Lasso, a free program for windows might help you by automatically altering process priority/affinity on your system depending on what are you using.

For me I need to make sure all background applications are closed. No Chrome, no Steam, no Twitch… Overwatch is a huge memory hog and unless you have a decent amount you shouldn’t have anything else running while playing.